This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Manufacturer||Kentucky Bourbon Distillers (KBD)|
|Country of origin||Kentucky, United States|
|Alcohol by volume||43% (for Green label)|
|Variants||Green, Black, Black 12, and Private Stock labels|
|Related products||Kentucky Bourbon Distillers (KBD)|
Johnny Drum Bourbon is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey produced in Bardstown, Kentucky by Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. (KBD). It is sold in glass 16 oz pint bottles, glass 750 ml bottles, glass 1-liter bottles and plastic 1.75L bottles.
Label variations include the Green, Black, Black 12, and (beige) Private Stock labels:
- Green label – aged 4 years and bottled at 40% abv (80 U.S. proof).
- Black label – aged 4–12 years and bottled at 43% abv (86 U.S. proof).
- Black 12 label – aged 12 years and bottled at 43% abv (86 U.S. proof).
- Private Stock label – No age statement (NAS) and bottled at 50.5% abv (101 U.S. proof).
Awards and reviews
Johnny Drum Private Stock was awarded a "double gold medal" at the 2010 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, and the green and black labels each received a silver medal at the 2012 event. However, that was a different Private Stock than is being sold in 2016. The current Private Stock has no age statement (NAS), whereas the one that won the "double gold medal" back in 2010 had a 15 year age statement.
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition web site (Access date December 11, 2010.)
- Murphy, Morgan; Editors of Southern Living magazine (2014). Southern Living Bourbon & Bacon: The Ultimate Guide to the South's Favorite Foods. Oxmoor House. ISBN 978-0848743161.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
|This whisky-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|