Mirasty in 2014 during the ceremonial puck drop at the Frozen Dome Classic
June 4, 1982 |
Meadow Lake, SK, CAN
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
Fort Wayne Komets
United Hockey League
|Mixed martial arts record|
Jonathon Gary Frank Mirasty (born June 4, 1982, Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan) is a Cree native Canadian ice hockey player who plays on the Astana Barys of the KHL. Nicknamed "Nasty" by both teammates and fans, Mirasty has developed a cult following throughout his career due to his Mohawk hairstyle and his laughing during his fights.
As of the completion of the 2011-12 season, Mirasty has accumulated 2439 PIMs throughout his nine-year professional hockey career.
On September 1, 2012, Mirasty signed a one-year contract with the KHL team Astana Barys.
Mirasty made his professional MMA debut against Sebastian Gauthier losing in the first round. In his youth Mirasty competed in boxing and was provincial and golden gloves champion in 1998 and 1999.
When not playing hockey, or coaching his son, Jon spends time breaking and training horses on his ranch in Meadow Lake.
After playing over nine seasons professionally, Jon saw a future in business and opened up his towns first Tim Hortons within a 90 mile radius. However, four months into the operation Jon and his family were forced to sell due to personal health problems Jon was facing. 
- "News: Jon Mirasty". phpa.com. Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- Blue Jackets: Mirasty 'not afraid to take a few'
- JournalGazette.net: Warner not on playoff roster (March 28, 2011)
- "Former Syracuse Crunch enforcer Jon Mirasty still spoiling for a good fight". syracuse.com. Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "Hockey tough guy forced to sell Tim Hortons franchise due to health issues". battlefordsNOW. 2016-04-06. Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- ESPN.com - E-ticket: Men Who Love Goons
- Jon Mirasty's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Jon Mirasty career statistics at EliteProspects.com
|This Canadian biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|