Jonas Arnell-Szurkos in June 2017
|Born||February 28, 1969|
|Occupation||Head of Office, Amanuensis|
Jonas Henry Arnell-Szurkos, previously Arnell, born February 28, 1969 in Örebro, Sweden is a Swedish phaleristician. Since 2019 he is the Head of Office for the Swedish Soldiers Homes Association, as well as (since 2018) part time employee as Amanuensis at the Chancery of the Swedish Royal Orders of Knighthood.
Arnell-Szurkos was raised in Eskilstuna and has a degree of Bachelor of Education at Linköping University and a Bachelor of Social Science, Curriculum theory, at Stockholm University. In 1999 Arnell-Szurkos launched a lobby campaign towards the MPs of the Parliament of Sweden to reinstate the Order of the Seraphim and the Order of the Polar Star for Swedish citizens as well as reinstating the dormant Order of the Sword and the dormant Order of Vasa. This contributed to his subsequent employment as Political Secretary at the Parliament Chancery of the Christian democrats the following year, from 2001 Political Advisor on Education and Culture. During this time he was secretary for the Christian Democrats' report "A Socialist University Sector" (2005), which after submission to the Constitutional Committee and in the voting of the Parliament led to a reprimand of the Minister of Education, being a less common outcome for the opposition side. 
In 1998 Arnell-Szurkos created a website where he accounts for genuine and fake orders of chivalry, medals and fraternal organizations in Sweden, from 2012 complimented with a blog. He has lectured on phaleristics  and commented phaleristics in media. Arnell-Szurkos has received several orders from former ruling dynasties for his work to support and promote genuine Imperial and Royal Houses and their orders of chivalry.
Since January 1, 2018 Arnell-Szurkos is part time amanuensis of the Orders at the Chancery of the Swedish Royal Orders of Knighthood, with special responsibility for web.
Awards and Decorations
- The Royal Patriotic Society's large medal in gold (2015) for significant acts
- The Armed Forces' Basic Training Medal in silver (for conscription service 1989/90)
- The Uppland Association for Voluntary Defence Education and Training Medal of Merit in silver (2016)
- The Voluntary Shooting Association's Medal of Honor in silver (2013)
- Cross of Merit with Silver Star of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre motu proprio (2017, Cross of Merit 2011)
- Cross for the Four Day Marches in bronze with crown (2017, in bronze 2016)
- Associate Companion of the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States (2013)
- Honorary Bailiff of the Galveston County Court (2016)
From Formerly Ruling Houses
- Grand Cross of the Royal Rwandan Order of the Crested Crane (2016)
- Grand Officer of the Royal Portuguese Order of Saint Michael of the Wing (2019, Commander (with Star) 2013, Knight 2011)
- Russian Imperial Medal in Bronze In Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of the House of Romanov, 1613-2013
- Orders, decorations and medals in Sverige - Official website
- jonar242 on Orders, Decorations and Medals in Sweden - Official blog
- Arnell, J. (2012) Davor Zovko – Heraldic Artist. In: Contemporary International Ex Libris Artists. Vol 16.
- Arnell, J. (2006) Order of the Seraphim. In: World Orders of Knighthood and Merit. Vol I. 373-379. London: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage.
- Arnell, J. (2006) Order of the Sword. In: World Orders of Knighthood and Merit. Vol I. 505-510. London: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage.
- Arnell, J. (2006) Order of the Polar Star. In: World Orders of Knighthood and Merit. Vol I. 510-515. London: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage.
- Arnell, J. (2006) Order of the Vasa. In: World Orders of Knighthood and Merit. Vol I. 515-520. London: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage.
- Arnell, J. (2006) Order of Charles XIII. In: World Orders of Knighthood and Merit. Vol II. 1744-1747. London: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage.
- "Nordisk ordensheraldik i internationell jämförelse - anförande vid symposiet "Heraldik och ordnar" i Kungl. Maj:ts Ordens regi 16 mars 2013" (PDF). Societas Heraldica Scandinavica. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "Medarbetare". Svenska soldathemsförbundet. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- Andersson, Anne-Lie (March 14, 2018). "På kungligt uppdrag: "Finaste erkännande någon som jag kan få"". Eskilstunakuriren. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "Konstitutionsutskottet betänkande 2004/05:KU20 – Granskningsbetänkande". The Constitutional Committee, Swedish Parliament. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- Constitutional Committee Report 2004/05:KU20 of the Parliament of Sweden, Protocol 2004/05:133 of the Parliament of Sweden, Letter 2004/05:279 from the Parliament of Sweden to the Government of Sweden.
- "Fides Katolinen hiippakuntalehti 08/2008 p. 11" (PDF). Katolinen kirkko Suomessa. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Annika Lantz (May 7, 2010). "Lantz in P4". Lantz in P4. Sveriges Radio. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Nises, Erik. (2010, December 11). Medaljmatchen: Så får du koll på glittret. Aftonbladet, s. 13.
- "Welcome New Companions" (PDF). Loyal Legion Historical Journal vol. 70 No 4 Winter 2014. The Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "Det kejserliga huset av Etiopien och Sverige". Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- "A.I.C.O.D.S. vägar bär till Rom". Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- "List recipients of the IMPERIAL AND ROYAL ORDER OF SAINT STANISLAUS". Retrieved August 19, 2013.