Jonathan Singer (politician)
Singer addressing an audience in 2017.
|Member of the Colorado House of Representatives
from the 11th district
January 27, 2012
|Preceded by||Deb Gardner|
|Born||September 13, 1979|
|Alma mater||Colorado State University|
Jonathan Singer (born September 13, 1979) is a legislator in the U.S. state of Colorado. He was appointed in January 2012 as a Democrat to fill the vacancy in House District 11, which includes most of Longmont, as well as Northwest Boulder, part of Niwot and part of Gunbarrel. He resides in Longmont.
Education and career before election
Singer graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in Psychology and Social Work, and in 2002 earned a Master's degree in Social Work also from CSU. He worked for the Denver Office of Economic Development, and following that as a social worker in child protections for Boulder County. He also serves on the Longmont Planning and Zoning Commission. His political activities prior to joining the Colorado General Assembly include serving as President of the Longmont Area Democrats.
In November 2011, Singer announced his candidacy for the House District 11 seat after incumbent Rep. Deb Gardner announced her intention not to run for re-election. In January 2012, Rep. Gardner vacated the House seat to take an open seat on the Boulder County Commission. On January 21, 2012, Singer was elected by 45-5 vote of a vacancy committee of the Boulder County Democratic Party to fill the house seat, and was sworn in on January 27. In the House, he serves on the Economic and Business Development Committee.
2012 legislative session
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)|
- "Colorado General Assembly - Representative Jonathan Singer". Colorado General Assembly. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Jonathan Singer wins Democratic committee's nod for Colorado House seat". Longmont Times-Call. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Jonathan Singer for Colorado House District 11: About Jonathan Singer". Singer for Colorado. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Planning and Zoning Commission, City of Longmont, CO". City of Longmont. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Jonathan Singer announces HD 11 candidacy". Longmont Times-Call. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Longmont's Jonathan Singer sworn in, takes Colorado House seat". Longmont Times-Call. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "CO - Election Results - Colorado Secretary of State".
- "State House 2012 Election Results - Denver Post".