Walsh at MLG Anaheim 2011
|Born||January 14, 1989|
|Current team||Team Liquid|
|League||Major League Gaming
Global Starcraft II League
|Games||StarCraft: Brood War
Jonathan Walsh (born January 14, 1989), nicknamed Jinro, is a retired Swedish professional StarCraft 2 player. He lives in South Korea, and played for Team Liquid in the GOMTV Global Starcraft II League (GSL). Jinro used to live in the oGs (Old Generations) team house, which was due to an agreement between oGs and Team Liquid. With the breakup of oGs, Jinro has found a new house with fellow Team Liquid players TLO, Hero, and Haypro. He plays as Terran. Jinro became the first non-Korean to reach the semi-finals in GSL Season 3. Jinro then went on to reach the semi-finals a second time. So far, Jinro is the only foreigner to reach the Ro4 in GSL. In November 2010 he won the Major League Gaming Starcraft 2 tournament in Dallas. His nickname comes from the Korean distiller Jinro.
Jinro earned a total of $28,034.98 USD in prize money during his career.
- 1st MLG Dallas 2010 - November 7, 2010 ($6,250)
- 3rd-4th GSL Open Season 3 - December 18, 2010 (~$8,700)
- 3rd-4th GSL Code S January 2011 - January 29, 2011 (~$4,500)
- 1st Clash of the Titans Showmatch ($1,500)
- Liquid Korean Team House
- "Jinro Breaks Into the GSL Semifinals". Blizzard Entertainment. December 10, 2010.
- Liquidpedia Jinro
- Kolev, Radoslav. "MC and Jinro to attend Dreamhack Invitational". SK Gaming. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- Billengren, Astrid (12 April 2011). "Favorit vann svenskt dreamhack". Nyheterna.se (in Swedish). TV4 Group. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Intervju med Jonathan "Jinro" Walsh". Södermanlands Nyheter (in Swedish). 13 April 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Zarrabi, Shahin (26 February 2011). "Twenty questions for GSL-pro Jinro". Rakaka. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "GSL comes before anything else for Jinro".
- "Liquid`Jinro Retires". teamliquid.net.
- "StarCraft II: Jinro retires | SK Gaming". sk-gaming.com.
- "Jonathan "Jinro" Walsh :: e-Sports Earnings". esportsearnings.com. Retrieved 2013-04-23.