Joost Vander Auwera
Dr. Joost Vander Auwera (born 24 January 1957) is a Belgian art historian and museum curator. He is Senior Curator at the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium in Brussels. He is the Co-Founder and Project Leader of the international multidisciplinary Jordaens Van Dyck Panel Paintings Project and the Project Leader for the establishment of the visitors centre at the Brueghel House, Brussels.
Vander Auwera was born in Bruges and graduated from Ghent University, where he received his M.A. and Ph.D after research and dissertations on the Flemish Baroque painters Sebastian Vrancx and Abraham Janssens. He also received an M.B.A. from the Vlerick Business School.
Vander Auwera has authored some 75 publications on 17th Century Flemish painting and museum administration. With Dr. Sabine van Sprang, he curated the exhibition Rubens. A Genius at Work, 2007-8 at the Brussels museum. In 2012-3, he co-curated the first exhibition on Jacob Jordaens held in Brussels since 1928 and the first in Germany (it showed in both Brussels and the Museumslandschaft Hessen Kassel), Jordaens and the Antique. He was a contributing author to the Jordaens 1593-1678 exhibition catalogue, Petit Palais, Paris, in 2013.
He is a Vice President of the UNESCO International Committee on the History of Art.
- Anna Selerowicz, Marek Maksymczak, Joanna Szumańska (28 June 2017). "Kopia czy oryginal?". Zycie Warszawy.
- "Jordaens \ Van Dyck Panel Paintings Project". Jordaens \ Van Dyck Panel Paintings Project. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- Duplat, Guy (20 September 2013). "La future maison Bruegel: Le Succès!". La Libre.
- "The link between Pieter Bruegel the Elder and the Bruegel House - Joost Vander Auwera". You Tube. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "Rubens. A Genius at Work". Royal Museums of Fine Arts Belgium.
- "Bernard Marcelis présente Joost Vander Auwera, "Jordaens et l'Antiquité"". You Tube. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- Merle du Bourg, Alexis (2013). Jordaens 1593-1678: La Gloire d'Anvers. Paris: Petit Palais.