|Full name||Jordan Atkins|
22 January 1983 |
Stanthorpe, Queensland, Australia
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (15 st 2 lb)|
As of 16 September 2014
Source: London Official
Jordan Atkins (born 22 January 1983 in Stanthorpe, Queensland) is an Australian professional rugby league player for the London Broncos in the Super League. His positions of choice are at Wing or Centre.
Early playing career
In 2004, Atkins travelled to the United Kingdom as a member of the Australian Universities rugby league team. He spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons playing with the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup while studying for his teaching degree at the University of Southern Queensland.
2008-10: Career with Gold Coast
Atkins made his first-grade début against the North Queensland Cowboys in round one of the 2008 season. Atkin's tally of four tries in that match equalled the standing record for most tries in an Australian first grade début set by Johnno Stuntz for Eastern Suburbs début 1908 season, which was the first match of the opening game of rugby league in Australia, and later Canterbury Bankstown's Tony Nash in the 1942 season. 
2011-12: Career with Parramatta
In September 2010, Atkins signed a 2-year contract with the Parramatta Eels for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
- Steve Ricketts (2008-02-28). "Ex-Australian Universities star Jordan Atkins doing OK". couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- Laine Clark (2008-03-14). "Atkins scores four tries on debut". Fox Sports News Australia. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- Pat Mcleod (2008-03-15). "Jordan so flash in dream debut". goldcoast.com.au. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- Elite Athletes at USQ
- Interview with Jordan Atkins after his four-try début against the Cowboys
- Jordan Atkins at www.rleague.com
|This rugby league football biography relating to an Australian born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|