Alonso (with the microphone) with Hércules in 2010
|Full name||Jorge Alonso Martín|
|Date of birth||5 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Salamanca, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Atlético San Cristóbal|
|2016–||Atlético San Cristóbal||?||(7)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 April 2017.
He amassed Segunda División totals of 144 games and 11 goals during eight seasons, representing in the competition Salamanca, Hércules, Valladolid and Racing de Santander. He also played professionally in Israel and India.
Born in Salamanca, Castile and León, Alonso studied civil engineering at the Polytechnic School of Zamora. After Real Zaragoza expressed desire to sign him for its youth system, he eventually started playing with local UD Salamanca in 2004, appearing in only one Segunda División game in his first season, which ended in relegation; he became a regular in the following years.
Alonso joined Hércules CF on a two-year contract in June 2009, being the first player signed by the club during the off-season. In July of the following year, however, he moved to fellow league side Real Valladolid after agreeing to a three-year deal. He scored his first goal for the latter on 8 September, his 7th-minute penalty ousting SD Huesca from the Copa del Rey and helping to reach the fourth round after the 1–0 home win; the following month, he netted in the last minute to help beat Celta de Vigo 3–2 also at the Estadio Nuevo José Zorrilla, exciting manager Antonio Gómez.
In early January 2015, news circulated that third tier club CD Guijuelo was looking to hire Alonso. He started training on the 9th, and played his first match 16 days later in a 0–1 home loss to SD Compostela.
In November 2015, Alonso joined a host of compatriots at Indian Super League franchise Atlético de Kolkata as a replacement for the injured Javi Lara. After being an unusued substitute in the match against Chennaiyin FC, he made his debut in a 4–0 win over FC Goa, replacing fellow Spaniard Jaime Gavilán for the last 12 minutes.
- As of match played on 27 November 2015
|2005–06||Segunda División B||32||6||1||0||4[a]||1||37||7|
|Racing Santander||2012–13||Segunda División||14||0||2||0||—||16||0|
|Leganés||2013–14||Segunda División B||10||0||2||0||—||12||0|
|Bnei Sakhnin||2013–14||Israeli Premier League||11||0||2||0||—||13||0|
|Guijuelo||2014–15||Segunda División B||9||0||0||0||—||9||0|
|Atlético Kolkata||2015||Indian Super League||2||0||—||—||2||0|
- Appearances in Promotion Play-offs
- "Jorge Alonso, quinto refuerzo" [Jorge Alonso, fifth addition]. El Norte de Castilla (in Spanish). 30 July 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jorge Alonso, primer fichaje del Hércules" [Jorge Alonso, first signing of Hércules]. Marca (in Spanish). 23 June 2009. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El Real Valladolid incorpora al centrocampista Jorge Alonso" [Real Valladolid add midfielder Jorge Alonso]. Marca (in Spanish). 29 July 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El Valladolid pasa de ronda sin mucho esfuerzo" [Valladolid goes through without much effort]. Marca (in Spanish). 8 September 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Gómez: Con el gol de Jorge Alonso me emocioné un poco" [Gómez: With the goal of Jorge Alonso I got a little excited]. Marca (in Spanish). 15 November 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jorge Alonso rescinde su contrato con el Valladolid" [Jorge Alonso terminates his contract with Valladolid]. Marca (in Spanish). 31 August 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El Racing se refuerza con Kaludjerovic, Bocanegra y Jorge Alonso" [Racing bolster with Kaludjerovic, Bocanegra and Jorge Alonso]. Marca (in Spanish). 1 September 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El talento de Jorge Alonso llega al Leganés para completar el centro del campo" [The talent of Jorge Alonso arrives at Leganés to complete the midfield] (in Spanish). CD Leganés. 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El Guijuelo ficha a Jorge Alonso" [Guijuelo sign Jorge Alonso]. La Gaceta de Salamanca (in Spanish). 8 January 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jorge Alonso ya se entrena con el Guijuelo" [Jorge Alonso already training with Guijuelo]. La Gaceta de Salamanca (in Spanish). 9 January 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "El Compostela sorprende al Guijuelo en su feudo" [Compostela surprises Guijuelo in its home ground]. El Correo Gallego (in Spanish). 25 January 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Will new signings Dejan Lekic and Jorge Alonso power Atletico de Kolkata to the semi finals of ISL 2015?". International Business Times. 17 November 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Atlético de Kolkata 2–1 Chennaiyin FC". Goal.com. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "ISL: Doutie scores brace as Kolkata thrash Goa 4–0 to top table". Hindustan Times. 22 November 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "José Ángel, listo para tomar la alternativa ante el Recre como titular" [José Ángel, ready to make debut against Recre as starter]. La Gaceta de Salamanca (in Spanish). 14 October 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Mi hermano debe aprender a dosificar los esfuerzos" [My brother must learn to dose his efforts]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 15 October 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jorge Alonso: Jorge Alonso Martín". BDFutbol. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "Jorge Alonso". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- Jorge Alonso at BDFutbol