Jorge Luiz dos Santos Dias
|Full name||Jorge Luís dos Santos Dias|
|Date of birth||11 February 1976|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2007||→ Braga (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Jorge Luís started his career at local Fluminense Football Club, playing with the team through consecutive relegations to the Série B and Série C. In 2001 he moved to Santa Cruz Futebol Clube in the Série A, in a relegation-ending season.
In August 2002 Luís left for Portugal and signed for Varzim SC, suffering yet another relegation. The following year he stayed in the north of the country, joining fellow Primeira Liga club S.C. Braga.
During his 2½ season-spell in Minho, Jorge Luís was a regular starter, as the team achieved two fifth positions and one fourth, with the subsequent UEFA Cup qualifications. In January 2006 he moved to FC Dynamo Moscow in Russia for €3 million and Nuno Frechaut, as the side signed several Portuguese or Portugal-based players in that timeframe (Danny, Derlei, Maniche, etc.). After just six Premier League games, however, he returned to his previous club, on loan.
In July 2007 Luís returned to his country and joined Sport Club Internacional, signing a one-year contract. In May of the following year, he signed for Porto Alegre Futebol Clube in the Rio Grande do Sul State League (second division); in August he moved teams again, signing with Clube de Regatas Brasil but leaving after only one second level appearance.
- "Relatório de transferências internacionais em 2002" [2002 international transfers report] (in Portuguese). CBF. 10 December 2002. Archived from the original on 15 June 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "New blood at Braga". UEFA.com. 6 June 2003. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Luíz and Frechaut trade places; UEFA.com, 24 January 2006
- "Braga bring in two players". UEFA.com. 31 January 2007. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "Relação de retornos ao Brazil 2007" [2007 returnees to Brazil] (in Portuguese). CBF. 18 November 2007. Archived from the original on 15 October 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "CRB 1–2 Corinthians" (in Portuguese). CBF. 23 August 2008. Retrieved 15 June 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Jorge Luís reforça a defesa até ao final da época" [Jorge Luís strengthens defense until end of the season] (in Portuguese). CD Trofense. 26 October 2009. Archived from the original on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2010.