Alexei Bell (wrestler)
|Full name||Jorgisbel Alvarez Hernandez|
18 June 1990 |
|Weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
Jorgisbel Alvarez Hernandez (also Alexei Bell, born June 18, 1990 in Camagüey) is an amateur Cuban Greco-Roman wrestler, who played for the men's middleweight category. He defeated U.S. wrestler Ben Provisor for the gold medal in his division at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Bell represented Cuba at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where he competed for the men's 74 kg class. Bell, however, was defeated by Provisor in their re-match during the qualification rounds of the event, with a three-set technical score (3–0, 0–1, 0–1), and a classification point score of 1–3.
- "Alexei Bell". London 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Alexei Bell". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Abbott, Gary (21 October 2011). "Betterman, Provisor win silver medals in Pan Am Games Greco-Roman wrestling". USA Wrestling. The Mat. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Men's 74kg Greco-Roman Qualification". London 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- d'Amato, Gary (21 October 2011). "Provisor eliminated, but not discouraged". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
|This biographical article relating to a sportsperson from Cuba is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to wrestling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|