José Antonio Torres
|José Antonio Torres|
José Antonio Torres in 2009
|Born||José Antonio Torres Marín
July 18, 1973
Mexico City, Mexico
|Occupation||Director, producer, musician|
José Antonio Torres (born Julio 18, 1973) is a Mexican film director, producer, and musician based at Inukshuk Films Studios. His film work includes writing and directing Octavio and Astral; both films were breakthroughs in digital cinema in Mexico.
Life and career
In an interview with Zona Indie' s Danniel Dissolu, Torres explained his singular vision for Octavio: "What really interested me was the idea of the most incredible metamorphic paintings being made by a child prodigy, turned now in one of the most prolific mexican artist."
Torres has started working on his next film, Bostik, set for release early 2012 coproduced by E Corp.
He has a son named Antonio and a daughter named Andrea. He lives in Mexico City.
- Bostik (2012) (Director)
- Octavio (2011) (Director, Executive producer)
- Barragán en corto (2010) (Editor)
- La voz de las cigarras (2005) (PA)
- KCl Doce y cuarto (2003) (PA)
- De Eros & Danza (2002) (Director)
- De entre los zapatos (2002) (Cinematographer)
- Astral (2001) (Director)
- Inés, Mariana (Sep 5, 2008). "Zalvia". MySpace.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to José Antonio Torres.|