Joseph R. Parrott
Joseph Robinson Parrott (October 30, 1858 – October 13, 1913) was President of the Florida East Coast Railway. He died in Maine on October 13, 1913. He graduated from Yale University in 1883, where he was a member of Skull and Bones.: 162 He was a close associate of Henry Flagler. A car ferry was named for him.
- "J. R. Parrott Dead. President of Florida East Coast Railroad Dies Suddenly in Maine" (PDF). New York Times. October 14, 1913. Retrieved 2009-07-25.
- Rowland H. Rerick (1902). Memoirs of Florida: embracing a general history of the province, territory and state, and special chapters devoted to finances and banking, the bench and bar, medical profession, railways and navigation, and industrial interests.
- Catalogue of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. The Delta Kappa Epsilon council. 1910. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Society, Florida Historical (July 30, 1947). "Florida Historical Quarterly" – via Google Books.
- "Marine Review". Penton Publishing Company. July 30, 1917 – via Google Books.