|Full name||Josh Meekings|
|Date of birth||2 September 1992|
|Place of birth||Bury St Edmunds, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Current club||Inverness Caledonian Thistle|
|2011–||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||80||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Meekings, a former captain of the under-18s at Ipswich Town was released from Ipswich Town in the summer of 2011. Following his release he was due to sign a deal with Stevenage however the deal fell through and he agreed to join Inverness Caledonian Thistle on a 2-year deal on 4 July 2011. Shortly moving to Inverness, Meekings was pleased to play under manager Terry Butcher.
After months of being on substitute for Inverness, Meekings made his debut after coming on for Thomas Piermayr on a 66th minutes in a 1–1 draw against Dunfermline Athletic. On 5 November 2011, Meekings provided assist for Grégory Tadé to score to make 3–1 against Kilmarnock. The match ended with Inverness winning 6–3. On 24 March 2012, Meekings received a red card for the first time of his career after a second bookable offence in a 1–0 win over Aberdeen.
During the season, Meekings would become a regular player for the club, playing in the center back before moving to right back. The following season, Meekings played in the right back for the last three games but soon moved to the center back. Meekings was in the squad that beat Rangers 3–0 in the quarter final of Scottish League Cup and as well beat Celtic 1–0 on 24 November 2012. On 15 December 2012, Meekings scored an own goal in a 4–4 draw against Dundee United. Soon after, Meekings, along with Graeme Shinnie, signed two-year contract extensions, keeping them at the club until 2015 with Terry Butcher keen to keep his squad intact.
Last updated 19 April 2013
|Josh Meekings||SPL Young Player of the Month||March 2013|
- "Search 1837 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Double Capture". Inverness Caledonian Thistle Official Website. 4 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "New Inverness signing Josh Meekings: Sure Terry Butcher was a big hero.. for my grandad". Daily Record. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Dundee United 4 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4: United and Thistle share eight goals and a point in a cracker at Tannadice.". Daily Record. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Graeme Shinnie & Josh Meekings sign new Inverness deals". BBC Sport. 24 December 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Inverness offer stars new deals as Terry Butcher reveals he's keen to keep high-flying side intact". Daily Record. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Inverness CT player Josh Meekings wins young player award". BBC Sport (BBC). 19 April 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.