13 April 1989 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (14 st 2 lb)|
|2013–14||New South Wales||4||0||0||0||0|
|2013||Prime Minister's XIII||1||0||0||0||0|
Josh Reynolds (born 13 April 1989) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs of the National Rugby League. A New South Wales State of Origin representative five-eighth or occasionally halfback, he has played his entire career to date with the Bulldogs.
Born in Sydney, New South Wales, Reynolds attended Clemton Park Public School and Marist College Kogarah. Reynolds played for the Illawarra Steelers in the Harold Matthews Cup and then the Bulldogs team in the SG Ball competition before progressing to the Toyota Cup in 2008. Reynolds played for the Bulldogs in the Under 20s in 2009 before moving onto the ranks of the New South Wales Cup. Reynolds was named the Bulldogs' 2010 NSW Cup player of the year as well as scoring two tries and kicking four goals for a personal haul of 16 points in their 24-12 grand final win over the Windsor Wolves.
In Round 11 of the 2011 NRL season, Reynolds made his National Rugby League debut for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs against the Canberra Raiders at hooker in the Bulldogs' 20-12 loss at Canberra Stadium. In Round 15 against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Reynolds scored his first NRL try in the Bulldogs 26-10 win at ANZ Stadium. Reynolds finished his debut year in the NRL with playing in 10 matches and scoring 4 tries for the Bulldogs in the 2011 NRL season.
On 30 September 2012, In the Bulldogs 2012 NRL Grand Final match against the Melbourne Storm, Reynolds played at five-eighth in the Bulldogs 14-4 loss. Reynolds finished his impressive 2012 NRL season with him playing in all of the Bulldogs 27 matches and scoring 10 tries.
For Game 1 of the 2013 State of Origin series, Reynolds was selected to fill in for the injured Kurt Gidley over South Sydney’s John Sutton for the spot on the interchange bench left void but did not get a run the field, Reynolds later retained his bench spot for Game 2 making his official New South Wales debut in the Blues 26-6 loss at Suncorp Stadium. Reynolds wasn't chosen for the deciding Game 3, which was lost to the Maroons. Reynolds finished the 2013 NRL season with him playing in 23 matches and scoring 9 tries for the Bulldogs. On 29 September 2013, Reynolds also played for the Prime Minister's XIII off the interchange bench in the 50-10 win over Papua New Guinea in Kokopo.
Reynolds was selected to play for NSW City in the City vs Country Origin match playing at five-eighth and scored a try in the 26-26 draw in Dubbo. Reynolds was chosen as New South Wales five-eighth alongside Bulldogs halves partner Trent Hodkinson for all three games of the 2014 State of Origin series, during which the Blues ended Queensland's 8-series winning streak. On 5 October 2014, in the 2014 NRL Grand Final match against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Reynolds played at five-eighth in the Bulldogs' 30-6 loss. Reynolds finished the 2014 NRL season with him playing in 19 matches and scoring 2 tries for the Bulldogs.
On 3 May 2015, Reynolds was selected for the City Origin team at five-eighth as an audition for the vacant five-eighth position for New South Wales 2015 State of Origin series. During the match, Reynolds was penalised and placed on report twice in the second half, one for an attempted trip to stop Country forward Tariq Sims as he scored a try in the 52nd minute and on the 77th minute for a shoulder charge on Fullback David Mead. After the 34-22 loss against Country Origin at Wagga Wagga, Reynolds copped a one-week suspension and lost his spot in the New South Wales Blues team. In the Week 1 Elimination Final match against the St George Illawarra Dragons, Reynolds kicked a field goal to win the match for the Bulldogs 11-10 in golden point extra time to send the Bulldogs to Week 2 of the 2015 Finals series against the Sydney Roosters which they later lost. Reynolds finished the 2015 NRL season with him playing in 17 matches, scoring 3 tries and kicking 2 field goals for the Bulldogs.
In Round 4 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Reynolds played his 100th NRL career match in the Bulldogs 42-12 win at ANZ Stadium. In Round 8 against the Gold Coast Titans, Reynolds kicked a field goal in Golden Point Extra Time to win the match for the Bulldogs 21-20 at ANZ Stadium.
- "Josh Reynolds". yahoo.com. Yahoo! Sport. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "Josh Reynolds - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Bulldogs defence shows too much bite for Wolves". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Canberra Beat Canterbury Bankstown 20-12". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Paul Gallen Leads the Way as Cronulla Continue Canterbury Bankstown's Recent Woes at ANZ Stadium". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Badel, Peter (2012-09-30). "Melbourne Storm beat Canterbury Bulldogs in 2012 NRL grand final". News.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Toohey, Barry (2012-09-30). "Our player ratings for the NRL grand final between Canterbury and the Melbourne Storm". News.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Josh Reynolds Wins Battle with John Sutton for Final NSW Bench Spot". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Queensland v NSW". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Ritchie, Dean (2013-09-30). "Chaotic day of extremes as Prime Minister's XIII overpower for Papua New Guinea 50-10". News.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Jamal Idris Stars in Thrilling City/Country Draw in Dubbo". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Rabbitohs Win 2014 NRL Grand Final Defeating Bulldogs 30-6". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Bulldogs Grand Final Player Ratings". NRL.com. 2014-10-05. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Michael Chammas. "Blues State of Origin 2015 jersey is more Mitchell Pearce's to lose than Josh Reynolds' to keep". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Brad Walter. "Ill-discipline set to cost City five-eighth Josh Reynolds a NSW State of Origin jersey". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Live: City Origin v Country Origin". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Hodkinson Reynolds Concern; McGuire to Debut for Maroons". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Benji Marshall injured as Canterbury Bulldogs edge St George Illawarra Dragons in golden point". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-01.