Journal of Cold War Studies
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Cold War Stud.|
|Edited by||Mark Kramer|
MIT Press (United States)
The Journal of Cold War Studies is a peer-reviewed academic journal on the history of the Cold War. It was established in 1999 and is published by MIT Press for the Harvard Project on Cold War Studies. The journal is issued also under the auspices of the Davis Center for Russian Studies (summer 2005). The editor in chief is Mark Kramer (Harvard University).
The journal covers the Cold War from a historical perspective by publishing research results from East and West archives during this period, as well as new memoirs. Topical coverage encompasses theories of decision making, deterrence, bureaucratic politics, institutional formation, bargaining, diplomacy, foreign policy conduct, and international relations. There is also a significant section for book reviews pertaining to the Cold War and international politics.
The Journal of Cold War Studies initially published three issues per year. Since 2002 it has been a quarterly publication.
Abstracting and indexing
The Journal of Cold War Studies in abstracted and indexed in the following databases: CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, GeoRef, International Bibliography of Periodical Literature, ProQuest, and Scopus.
- "Editorial Info". Journal of Cold War Studies. MIT Press. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Journal of Cold War Studies". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-07.Cancelled/Invalid LCCN: 99031398. Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies is listed here, and in the WorldCat catalog (see OCLC link in infobox)
- "Home page". Journal of Cold War Studies. MIT Press. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "About the journal". Journal of Cold War Studies. MIT Press. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Project Muse". The Johns Hopkins University Press. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Abstracting and Indexing". Journal of Cold War Studies. MIT Press. September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-07.