Juan Cabral (director)
Juan Cabral (born, 1978) is an Argentine writer and director, whose work includes short and feature films, music videos and commercials.
Cabral wrote and directed Gorilla for Cadbury - voted 'Favourite Ad of all time' in the UK. He is also the creator of the famous Sony Bravia Trilogy ( Balls, Paint and Playdoh). Cabral has been written about in the Wall Street Journal, The Independent, The Guardian, The Times and Esquire magazine and was also included in The Evening Standard 'London's most influential people' list.
Cabral has won every major award in advertising (including over 25 Cannes Lions and two Cannes grand Prix). His breathtaking advert for Ikea - Beds - was awarded Best Crafted Commercial of the year by BTAA and also voted Best Campaign of the year by Campaign Magazine. In 2016 Cabral was nominated by the DGA for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Commercials. He recently directed the Rolex 2019 Oscars campaign featuring Martin Scorsese, Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu, Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron.
His first feature film Two/One is premiering in the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival. It stars Boyd Holbrook and Song Yang and it's the story of two men who dream each other and are, in some strange way, the same person.
- Hancock, Edith (2015-09-21). "Cadbury's gorilla crowned UK's favourite". www.cityam.com. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Cadbury's Gorilla is nation's favourite ad, while industry opts for Guinness' Surfer". www.campaignlive.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Caird, Jo (2016-01-07). "'I was basically told: you are never showing this' – how we made Cadbury's Gorilla ad". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Case Study: Sony Balls". D&AD. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "How Sony got its bounce back". The Independent. 2006-06-26. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Staff, Guardian (2008-07-13). "81. Juan Cabral". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Television and Radio". Evening Standard. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "Juan Cabral". www.davidreviews.tv. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "TATE MODERN / TATE TRACKS". www.oneclub.org. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Sweney, Mark (2008-06-23). "Cannes International Advertising Festival: Gorilla takes the top award". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "IKEA 'Beds' at last nights BTAA Awards :: soundtree". www.soundtreemusic.com. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "My campaign: Juan Cabral's best work". www.campaignlive.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "DGA Announces Nominees for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Television, Commercials and Documentary for 2015 -". www.dga.org. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "Rolex Goes To Oscars With Scorsese, Inarritu, Bigelow, Cameron". SHOOTonline. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (2017-11-22). "Film News Roundup: Dominique McElligott, Beau Bridges Join Boyd Holbrook's 'Two/One'". Variety. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Wyche2017-05-11T23:28:00+01:00, Elbert. "Boyd Holbrook to star in Juan Cabral's 'Two/One'". Screen. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "Two/One | 2019 Tribeca Film Festival". Tribeca. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "Director". MJZ. Retrieved 2019-03-22.