Julian Youth Academy
This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Julian Youth Academy (JYA) was a fully accredited, private Christian boarding school located in the mountains of San Diego, California. JYA was a program of Teen Rescue, Inc., a nationwide support service that has helped over 15,000 families since 1989. An all-girls boarding school, JYA helped teen girls in need of regular supervision. JYA provided an individualized education program, coaching, intervention, parent-training support groups, a high staff-to-student ratio, and aftercare support.
Julian Youth Academy now operates under River View Christian Academy
- Teens homeless from Cedar fire, by MEGAN MARSHACK, North County Times, October 31 - 2003
- Julian Youth Academy Fire Recovery, Teen Rescue homepage
- I support the bill to End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005, a statement from a survivor of the facility
- 111th Congress (2009) (Feb 9, 2009). "H.R. 911". Legislation. GovTrack.us. Retrieved Mar 5, 2009.
Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009
- Shasta County Woman Arrested in Death of Newborn Archived 2012-06-12 at the Wayback Machine, by: Alan Marsden, KHSL TV, November 8, 2011
- Woman held in death of baby found hidden at Christian school, by Robert J. Lopez, LA Times blog, November 9, 2011
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|