Jump the Gun (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jump the Gun|
|Studio album by Pretty Maids|
|Released||20 April 1990|
|Recorded||Puk Studio, Denmark, 1990|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal|
|Pretty Maids chronology|
|Singles from Jump the Gun|
Jump the Gun is the third studio album by the Danish hard rock/heavy metal band Pretty Maids. It was released on 20 April 1990 in Europe by CBS. In the US, the title was changed to Lethal Heroes and it was released by Epic Records. The album was produced by Deep Purple's bass guitarist Roger Glover. According to CBS, it was then the most expensive album recording to date in Denmark, with a cost of around DKK 3–3.5 million. Jump the Gun was nominated for Danish Heavy Rock Album of the Year at the 1991 Danish Grammy Awards, but lost to Skagarack's A Slice of Heaven.
Due to the underwhelming commercial performance of Jump the Gun, three members left the band by late 1990 leaving only the lead singer Ronnie Atkins and the guitarist Ken Hammer. The band has said on numerous occasions that the decision to hire Glover as the album's producer was a mistake and led to its over-produced sound. In 2014, Atkins called the album his least favourite.
"Hang Tough" is a song that was written and recorded for Icon's Night of the Crime album but was not included in the final release. Icon's version is only available on the 1984: Live Bootleg CD and DVD.
All songs written by Ronnie Atkins and Ken Hammer, except "Hang Tough" written by Dan Wexler.
- "Lethal Heroes" - 3:54
- "Don't Settle for Less" - 4:03
- "Rock the House" - 3:23
- "Savage Heart" - 4:39
- "Young Blood" - 4:31
- "Headlines" - 3:53
- "Jump the Gun" - 3:49
- "Partners in Crime" - 3:43
- "Attention" - 4:00
- "Hang Tough" - 3:08
- "Over and Out" - 3:58
- "Dream On" - 4:28
- Ronnie Atkins - lead vocals
- Ken Hammer - lead guitar
- Ricky Marx - guitar
- Phil More - drums
- Allan Delong - bass guitar
- Alan Owen - keyboards
- Ian Paice - drums on "Young Blood"
- Roger Glover - bass guitar on "Dream On"
- Ivan Pedersen - backing vocals
- Knud Linhard - backing vocals
- Freddy George Jensen - harp on "Dream On"
- The New Jersey Mass Choir appears on "Savage Heart"
- "Horsens er god nok" [Horsens is good enough]. Politiken (in Danish). Copenhagen: JP/Politikens Hus. 22 April 1990.
- Kastrup, Mads (1992-11-11). "Slut med at forkæle rock" [No more spoiling rock]. Berlingske Tidende (in Danish). Copenhagen: Berlingske Media.
- Nielsen, Søren (1 February 1991). "Modne rockfolk i Grammys spotlys" [Mature rock people in the Grammy spotlight]. Dagbladenes Bureau (in Danish). Copenhagen.
- Jungersen, Steffen (18 November 1995). "RED, HOT & Heavy". BT (in Danish). Copenhagen: Berlingske Media.
Kastrup, Mads (3 September 1992). "Gennembruddet der blev væk" [The breakthrough that never happened]. Berlingske Tidende (in Danish). Copenhagen: Berlingske Media.
- Gregersen, Per (16 June 2014). "En god sang tager du aldrig fejl af" [You can never go wrong with a good song]. Vejle Amts Folkeblad (in Danish). Vejle.