Junko Mori (composer)
|Born||February 13, 1974|
Junko (Yanai) Mori (森 (矢内) 潤子, born 13 February 1948) is a Japanese composer and music educator. She was born in Niigata Prefecture, Japan, and attended the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in music in 1971. She continued her studies in composition with Tomojiro Ikenouchi, Akio Yashiro, and Teizo Matsumura, and graduated with a Master of Music degree in composition in 1975 and a Master of Music in and musicology and solfeggio in 1978. After completing her studies, she worked as a music teacher and composer.
- Kyakyukyokekyongu torimono-chō (キャキュキョケキョングとりもの帖), Chamber Opera (1997)
- Keraseki-kin dai-kansō (ケラ咳菌大感染), Chamber Opera in 2 acts (1997)
- Kitakaze no wasureta hankachi (北風のわすれたハンカチ), Opera in 1 act, 2 scenes (1998)
- Nijihige-kō to nanairo no tsuma (虹ひげ公と七色の妻), Opera in 1 act, 18 scenes (1998)
- Kazura-sō no kidan (かずら荘綺譚 The Strange Tale of Kazura House), Mono-Opera (2001)
- Tori ni sarawareta musume (鳥にさらわれた娘) (2003); libretto by Rubie Usagi (宇佐木るび枝) after the story by Naoko Awa (安房直子)
- Akisu ni go-yōshin (空巣にご用心), Opera (2003); libretto by Rubie Usagi (宇佐木るび枝)
- Mia wa izuko e (ミアはいずこへ), Opera (2003)
- The Mystery of Kazura House (かずら荘の謎 Kazura-sō no nazo), Opera (2004)
- Tabidachi no asa (旅立ちの朝), Chamber Opera in 1 act (2005)
- A Dream Come True (夢が叶ったお話 Yume ga kanatta o-hanashi), Duo-Opera (2008)
- Kashi no ki yashiki no nazo (樫の木屋敷の謎), Duo-Opera (2009)
- Byōki ga naoru shinryōjo (病気が治る診療所), Chamber Opera in 1 act (2011)
- Shōga-dōri wa ō-nigiwai (しょうが通りは大にぎわい), Chamber Opera in 1 act (2012)
- Chamber music
- String Quartet No. 3 (1975)
- Autumn Mist for flute or shakuhachi and guitar (1984)
- Imagery for piano (1987)
- Nightfall, Concertino for flute and guitar (1985)
- Twelve Children (12人のこども), Short Pieces for piano (1989)
- Songs (テノールの為の歌曲) for tenor and piano (2007)
Mori's music has been recorded and issued on media, including:
- Windows: Selected Piano Works by Contemporary Japanese Composers Label: Jasrac, ASIN: B000MP8IXE
- Masayuki Koga/Douglas Hensley - Autumn Mist (1986) Cassette: Fortuna Records
- ""Weaving Japanese Sounds" - Music of Modern Japan". Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- Sadie, Julie Anne; Samuel, Rhian (1994). The Norton/Grove dictionary of women composers (Digitized online by GoogleBooks). Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- Dees, Pamela Youngdahl (2004). A Guide to Piano Music by Women Composers: Women born after 1900.
- Boenke, Heidi M. (1988). Flute music by women composers: an annotated catalog (Digitized online by GoogleBooks). Retrieved 7 January 2011.