Just Let Me Be
Joe Brennan, an ex-serviceman, returns home to Coogee after World War II. He gets a job as a milkman and intends to make enough money to marry his girlfriend Connie. He accidentally kills a man while defending local gangster Bill Pepper and is persuaded to hide the body.
The novel was adapted for British TV in 1957.
It was later republished in 1990 under the title You, the Jury.
- "BOOK REVIEWS---". The News. Adelaide. 14 July 1950. p. 10. Retrieved 18 October 2015 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Younger novelists merit more attention". The Argus. Melbourne. 18 November 1950. p. 10. Retrieved 18 October 2015 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Violence Breaks Out At Coogee". The Sydney Morning Herald. 3 February 1951. p. 10. Retrieved 6 March 2012 – via National Library of Australia.
- The Cambridge Companion to Australian Literature p129
- "Boom under way in crime writing". The Canberra Times. 25 March 1990. p. 26. Retrieved 18 October 2015 – via National Library of Australia.
- Serialisation of novel in The Australian Women's Weekly 26 May 1954: 65 Supplement Accessed 6 March 2012
- Just Let Me Be at AustLit (subscription required)
- You, the Jury at AustLit (subscription required)