K-1 World Grand Prix 2005 in Tokyo Final
|K-1 World Grand Prix 2005
in Tokyo Final
|Date||November 19, 2005|
K-1 World Grand Prix 2005 in Tokyo Final was a kickboxing event promoted by the K-1. The event was held at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan on Saturday, November 19, 2005 in front of 58,213 spectators. It was the thirteenth K-1 World Grand Prix final, involving twelve of the world's best K-1 fighters (four being reservists), with all bouts fought under K-1 Rules (100 kg/156-220 lbs). The tournament qualifiers had almost all qualified via the K-1 World Grand Prix 2005 in Osaka - Final Elimination with the exception of Remy Bonjasky who was the reigning champion. As well as tournament matches there was also an 'Opening Fight' fought under K-1 Rules between Patrick Barry and Alexander Pitchkounov. In total there were fourteen fighters at the event, representing eleven countries.
The tournament winner was Semmy Schilt who defeated Glaube Feitosa in the final by first round knockout. The event was Semmy Schilt and Glaube Feitosa's first K-1 World Grand Prix final appearance and would be the first of Semmy Schilt's three consecutive K-1 World Grand Prix final victories - a K-1 record. Semmy Schilt would also be the first karate practitioner to win the K-1 World Grand Prix since Andy Hug in 1996.
K-1 World Grand Prix 2005 Tournament
|Final Elimination||Quarter Finals||Semi Finals||Final|
|Jérôme Le Banner||KO|
|Jérôme Le Banner|
|Glaube Feitosa *||KO|
* Glaube Feitosa replaced Peter Aerts in the Semi Finals as Peter Aerts was injured
Opening Fight: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R
- Aleksandr Pitchkounov vs Patrick Barry
- Match resulted in a 3rd Round Decision Draw 1-1 (30-27, 29-29, 28-29)
Quarter Finals: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
- Remy Bonjasky vs Choi Hong-man
- Bonjasky defeated Choi by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-29, 30-29, 30-28)
- Ray Sefo vs Semmy Schilt
- Schilt defeated Sefo by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Jérôme Le Banner vs Peter Aerts
- Aerts defeated Le Banner by Extra Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (10-9, 10-9, 10-9) but could not continue due to a fractured rib - Reserve Fight winner Glaube Feitosa would take his place in the Semi Finals. After 3 rounds the judges had scored it a Decision Draw (29-29, 29-29, 29-29)
- Musashi vs Ruslan Karaev
- Musashi defeated Karaev by Extra Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (10-9, 10-9, 10-9). After 3 rounds the judges had scored it a Decision Draw (30-29, 30-30, 29-30).
Reserve Fights: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
- Glaube Feitosa vs Gary Goodridge
- Feitosa defeated Goodridge by 3rd Round Unanimous Decision 3-0 (30-27, 30-28, 30-28)
- Stefan Leko vs Badr Hari
- Hari defeated Leko by KO (Spinning Back Left High Kick) at 1:30 of the 2nd Round
Semi Finals: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.1R
Final: K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext.2R
- "Results". K-1sport.de - Your Source for Everything K-1.