K. R. Norman
Kenneth Roy Norman (born 1925) is a leading scholar of Middle Indo-Aryan or Prakrit, particularly of Pali. He saw military service in India and Malaya and studied classics at Cambridge University, and spent most of his career teaching Prakrit at Cambridge University.
- Elders' Verses, 2 vols, 1969–71, Pali Text Society: translation of Theragatha and Therigatha
- Pali Literature, Otto Harrassowitz, Wiesbaden, 1983
- The Group of Discourses, Pali Text Society: translation of Sutta Nipata
- The Word of the Doctrine, Pali Text Society: translation of Dhammapada
- A Philological Approach to Buddhism, SOAS, London; reprinted by Pali Text Society
- Patimokkha, edition & translation with William Pruitt, Pali Text Society
- Collected Papers, 8 vols so far, Pali Text Society
- translation of Kankhavitarani with William Pruitt, in preparation
- '"Notes on the Asokan Rock Edicts". Indo Iranian Journal Vol 10, 1967
- A Note on Attā in the Alagaddūpama Sutta. Studies in Indian Philosophy LD Series, 84 - 1981
- Pāli Philology and the Study of Buddhism. Seminar Papers 1987 – 1998, School of Oriental and African Studies 1990
- "NORMAN, Prof. Kenneth Roy". (2010). In Who's Who. Online edition.