|City of license||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Broadcast area||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Frequency||1530 kHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1964|
|Power||15,000 watts day
1,000 watts critical hours
15 watts night
|Former callsigns||KXXV (?-1979)
|Owner||Victor Michael, Jr.
(Kona Coast Radio, LLC)
KKHI (1530 AM) is a radio station licensed to broadcast from Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, with a power of 15,000 watts, and can be heard by day from the outskirts of Denver to the state's border with New Mexico.
In August 2006, Don Crawford Jr. bought KCMN and a sister station, KCBR, from his father's radio company, Crawford Broadcasting, for an undisclosed amount. (Formally, KCMN was purchased by a new company called DJR Broadcasting, owned by Crawford.) The new owner said that the formats and staffing would stay the same at the stations. Crawford had begun working at Crawford Broadcasting in 1989, and had been a regional manager since 1994, responsible for the company's stations in Colorado Springs, Denver, Dallas, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Following the purchase, Crawford was to continue to manage KAAM in Dallas, which continues to run a "Legends" adult standards format similar to KCMN's former format.
In 2012 DJR Broadcasting sold KCMN (along with sister station KCBR) to the locally owned Pueblo Radio Group. PRG flipped KCMN from "Legends 1530" to its current format, even though KCMN added Classic Top 40/Oldies titles from the 1960s, '70s, and '80s under the ownerships of Crawford Sr. and Jr.
On February 5, 2015, KCMN changed their call letters to KKHI.
On March 18, 2015, Kona Coast Radio closed on their acquisition of KKHI at a price of $200,000. Following the acquisition, KKHI went silent.
- "Father Sells Sons Two Radio Stations", KCBR News, July 31, 2006
- Andrew Wineke, "Son buys KCMN and KCBR from father", The Gazette (Colorado Springs), August 2, 2006
- Andrew Wineke, "KRCC Jumps on Next Wave of HD Radio Capabilities: Station's 2 New Digital Subchannels Will Add to Offerings", The Gazette (Colorado Springs), December 2, 2007
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KKHI
- Radio-Locator Information on KKHI
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KKHI