|Broadcast area||Santa Rosa, California|
|Branding||Smooth Jazz 99.1|
|Repeater(s)||99.1 KJZY-FM1 (Rohnert Park)|
|First air date||1995|
HD2: Smooth Jazz
|HAAT||66 meters (217 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||K JazZY|
|Owner||Redwood Empire Stereocasters|
Listen Live (HD2)
KJZY was begun in 1995 by Gordon Zlot, and remains under the ownership of his company, Redwood Empire Stereocasters, into 2018. The station plays smooth jazz, featuring contemporary artists like Dave Koz, Wayman Tisdale, David Benoit, Mindi Abair and Lee Ritenour, and classic artists like Ramsey Lewis and Wes Montgomery. Music Director Rob Singleton believes modern smooth jazz "is the evolution of fusion—milder fusion, the original fusion was pretty electric."
On September 11, 2017 KJZY changed their format from smooth jazz (which moved to KJZY's HD2 subchannel and translator K256DA 99.1 FM Santa Rosa) to soft adult contemporary, branded as "Smooth FM 93.7".
- "Smoothjazz.Com Road Trip - Santa Rosa, CA". smoothjazz.com. Retrieved 2 April 2006.
- KJZY Goes Soft AC; Moves Smooth Jazz to Translator Radioinsight - September 25, 2017
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KJZY
- Radio-Locator information on KJZY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KJZY
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K256DA
- Radio-Locator information on K256DA
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|