|Branding||NewsTalk 1290 KPAY|
|Translator(s)||98.1 K251AV (Paradise)|
|First air date||1935|
|Owner||Deer Creek Broadcasting|
KPAY (1290 AM) is a news/talk formatted radio station in Northern California. The station can be heard in Butte County, California, and parts of Tehama County, Glenn County, and Colusa County. The station's transmitter power is 5,000 watts and is located in Chico, California. The station is owned by Deer Creek Broadcasting. KPAY became a radio affiliate of FOX News Radio in 2006.
In October 1949, KXOC-AM began broadcasting. In February 1953, KXOC-AM changed its call sign to KPAY-AM. In July 1994, the KPAY building was destroyed by fire. The station was originally located at 1060 on the AM band, but moved up to the 1290 frequency which was once occupied by KHSL.
Personalities and shows
- Garden Compass
- On the House with the Carey Bros.
- The Quiet Hour
- Chico: A 20th Century Pictoral History
- KPAY official website
- FCC History Cards for KPAY
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KPAY
- Radio-Locator Information on KPAY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KPAY
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K251AV
- Radio-Locator information on K251AV
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|