and The Flathead
|Branding||Wild 97.9 and 104.1|
|Translator(s)||97.9 K258BW (Evergreen)|
|First air date||2008 (as KQJZ)|
1,000 watts (day)|
670 watts (night)
|Owner||Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.|
|Sister stations||KERR, KIBG, KKMT, KQRK|
|Website||Wild 97.9 Online|
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 26, 2006. The new station was assigned the call letters KQJZ by the FCC on April 26, 2006.
In November 2006, permit holder Advance Acquisition, Inc., reached an agreement to sell this still-under construction station to Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc., for a reported sale price of $200,000. The deal was approved by the FCC on January 12, 2007, and after a series of extensions the transaction was consummated on February 29, 2008. KQJZ received its license to cover from the FCC on December 4, 2008.
On July 1, 2016, KQJZ changed their format from adult standards to urban contemporary, branded as "Heat 97.9" (simulcast on FM translator K258BW 97.9 FM Evergreen).
On July 25, 2016, KQJZ changed their call letters to KLYW. The station changed its call sign again on August 12, 2016 to KYWL. On February 1, 2017, the station changed its call sign to KQDE.
|City of license||ERP
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BNP-20040128AFT)". FCC Media Bureau. January 26, 2006.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Deals - 2007-01-27". Broadcasting & Cable. January 28, 2007.
- "Application Search Details (BAP-20061128AKJ)". FCC Media Bureau. February 29, 2008.
- "Application Search Details (BL-20081107AEU)". FCC Media Bureau. December 4, 2008.