|Country||Central African Republic|
|Elevation||1,381 ft (421 m)|
The northern nomads in the Central African Republic resented the central government and a rebel People's Army for the Restoration of the Republic and Democracy (PAPRD) was formed in the 1990s. Clashes between the rebels and the central government intensified, and many people from Kabo and the surrounding area fled as refugees to Chad. However, in January 2008, PAPRD and the Central African Armed Forces (FACA) agreed on a ceasefire for the Kabo area, allowing many of the refugees to return.
- Kabo (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Staff (3 December 2001). "CAR clashes mar peace efforts". BBC News.
- "Mia Farrow sees children returning to schools in northern Central African Republic". UNICEF. 27 June 2008. Archived from the original on 5 July 2008.
- "Photo Gallery: Kabo, Central African Republic". Médecins Sans Frontières Australia (MSF). 30 October 2008. Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Photo: Refugee camp, Kabo, Central African Republic". 2 July 2008.
|This Central African Republic location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|