Kabubi Herman is a Ugandan author and poet. He uses the stage name "Slim Emcee ". He is poetry teacher, as well as a performance poet. He took part in the spoken word project Kampala Uganda, in 2013.
Kabubi was born in Kampala, Uganda. He started writing poetry,singing and dancing at an early age. He has showcased at the International Youth Festival, Laba Street Art Festival, Bayimba International Festival, Lyricist Lounge Dar es Salaam, 53rd Edition of Blankets and Wine Nairobi and run a performance workshop at H.O.L.D among others. He is the coordinator for the EA Performing Arts market DOADOA. His first poem, “Val for Val” paved way for his writing career as well as for becoming one of the pioneers of performance poetry in Uganda, supporting each and every poetry night in Kampala.
- "Meet Slim Emcee Who Evokes Feelings With His Poems" news.ugo.co.ug. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "Migration: Hopes of Finding Greener Pasture" africaspeaks4africa.org. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "Slim Emcee UG The poet-five-plus-interview" oneqn.net. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "Radio City’s Nanfuka crowned best poet " observer.ug. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "Slim Emcee the poet a.k.a Kabubi Herman " gideonpoet.com. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "The spoken word project Kampala Uganda" goethe.de. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "Ugandan Poet Slim Emcee Invades Kenya Alliance Francaise" redpepper.co.ug. Retrieved November 28, 2014
- "KWIVUGA POETRY GETS COMIC"
- "Babishai Niwe Poetry Award 2013 in words and pictures "
- "AFTERMATH OF THE OFFICIAL UNDISPUTED, 9TH ANNUAL HIP HOP SUMMIT FOR THE HEAVY WEIGHT HIP HOP CHAMPIONS OF THE YEAR. "
|This article about an African poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|