O'Keeffe at the 2011 premiere of 33 Postcards
22 October 1987 |
Kain O'Keeffe (born 22 October 1987) is an Australian actor, known for his appearances in Australian television dramas and minor roles in films.
O'Keeffe was born in Sydney, Australia on 22 October 1987. Between 2003-05 O'Keefe filmed two guest appearances in the Seven Network television series All Saints. In 2005, O'Keeffe made his film debut aged fourteen in Swimming Upstream, starring as a Harold Jr. O'Keeffe then secured a regular role Blue Water High as Guy Spender, after previously appearing in a guest role as another character called Ryan. O'Keeffe said that he did not mind filming more than one role in the same series, because he felt the industry was "quite small". He said that he hoped to gain more acting roles from starring in the programme. O'Keeffe also starred in the television pilot of television series Resistance, working alondside Nicholas Hope and Jane Badler. In 2009, it was announced that O'Keeffe had joined the cast of Home and Away playing the role of Brendan Austin as part of the serial's new family. O'Keeffe was working alongside his former Blue Water High colleague, Rebecca Breeds. He also starred in the film I Wish I Were Stephanie V, which went on to win "Best Feature Film" at INDIE FEST USA and gained further distribution in 2011.
ABC later picked up the rights to Resistance and went the programme went into pre-production in 2011, with a planned airdate of late 2012.
|2002||Young Lions||Thug #1|
|2003||Swimming Upstream||Young Harold Jr.|
|2003||All Saints||Todd Sorenson|
|2004||Fireflies||Kieran Sharp||Regular role|
|2005||All Saints||Jamie Stoner|
|2005||Blue Water High||Ryan||Guest role|
|2005-2010||Home and Away||Callan Sherman / Brenden Austin|
|2007||Pirate Islands: The Lost Treasure of Fiji||Tyler Bradden||Regular role|
|2008||Out of the Blue||Callan 'Blade' Moore|
|2008||Blue Water High||Guy Spender||Regular role|
|2009||I Wish I Were Stephanie V||Brendan|
|2009||The 7th Hunt||Chris Roberts|
|2010||Underbelly: The Golden Mile||Westie #1|
|2010||Packed to the Rafters||Liam||Guest role|
- "ABC Blue Water High series 3". ABC Online. (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- "Kain O'Keeffe". Showcast. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- Jensen, Erik (3 April 2008). "Growing up on camera". The Age. (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- Holden, Stephen (4 February 2005). "Film review; Struggling to Stay Afloat in a Sea of Dysfunction, and Winning". The New York Times. (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- Knox, David (16 August 2011). "ABC announces $14m children’s series". The DarwinDaily. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- Stewert, Carolyn (10–16 January 2009). "Meet the Austins". TV Week. ACP Magazines: 10, 11.
- ""I Wish I Were Stephanie V" wins IndieFest and gets a New York City Premiere". Press Release. (PRLOG). 12 August 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2011.