Kait Parker is an atmospheric scientist who recently worked for weather.com and The Weather Channel app. She can also occasionally be seen on Good Morning America where she fills-in for meteorologist Rob Marciano on weekends.. Prior to her role with weather.com, she was an on-camera meteorologist and host of America's Morning Headquarters Weekend Edition alongside Reynolds Wolf. She left The Weather Channel television network in early 2016.
Parker made national headlines  in 2016 with a rebuttal to Breitbart, a far-right website that used a video of her in an article claiming that the Earth was cooling rather than warming. The Webby Awards chose the video as an honoree in the category of viral in 2017.
In 2016, Parker released a mini-documentary called Toxic Lake: The Untold Story of Lake Okeechobee about cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) and water management in Florida where she was both producer and correspondent. The project has gone on to win The Society of Professional Journalists' top honor for Digital Video and nominated for the News and Documentary Emmy Awards for Outstanding Science and Environmental Reporting.
Parker has a Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science from The University of Missouri in May 2009. Parker has also earned her Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Seal of Approval from the American Meteorological Society.
Parker began her career by filling-in at KOMU-TV in Columbia, MO in 2006 while still enrolled at the University of Missouri. Upon graduation in May 2009, she became weekday morning and midday meteorologist for WAKA-TV in Montgomery, AL. From there she went on to WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach, FL where she was first hired as weekend meteorologist but was quickly put into a weekday role. Parker left WPTV-TV in early 2014 and went to work for The Weather Channel.
Parker was born and raised in Grapevine, Texas and she often points to her mother and father as the source of her interest in science. She is currently married.
- "About". Kait Parker. 2016-03-30. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- Parker, Kait (2016-06-25). "Good morning from @GMA ! I'm in all weekend :)pic.twitter.com/6eYlxdp6YB". @weatherkait. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Kait Parker Leaving TWC". twctodayforums.com. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- NPR. Don't Use Our Content to Mislead on Climate Change (2016) https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/07/504676327/weather-channel-tells-breitbart-not-to-use-its-content-to-mislead-on-climate-cha
- "Note to Breitbart: Earth Is Not Cooling, Climate Change Is Real and Please Stop Using Our Video to Mislead Americans | The Weather Channel". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- "A Message to Breitbart from Weather.com | The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Award Winners".
- "Weather.com Nominated for Two Emmys in Latest of Several Major Awards | The Weather Channel". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Grist 50: Meet the Fixers". Grist. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Meet Meteorologist Kait Parker: The Woman Debunking Fake News Surrounding Climate Change". Marie Claire. 2017-07-27. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "TV Contract » Kait Parker". tvcontract.com. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- Tv, Central Alabama (2009-05-27). "Central Alabama TV: More Details on Meteorologist Kait Praker". Central Alabama TV. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- admin (2010-12-13). "Kait Parker Joins WPTV - SFLTV - South Florida TV". SFLTV - South Florida TV. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "WPTV Meteorologist Kait Parker Joins The Weather Channel". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2017-08-16.