|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kalewadi (Marathi: काळेवाडी) is a suburb in Pune Municipal Corporation about 15 km from Pune Railway Station. Kalewadi is connected to Pimpri by Pavna bridge, to Chinchwad via Hedgewar Bridge, to Wakad via Kalewadi phata, and to Rahatni.Kalewadi consist of Nadhe nagar,Jyotibanagar,vijaynagar,pavananagar,rajwadenagar,tapkirnagar.
The name of Kalewadi is derived from name of farmers mainly from family "Kale". People at Kalewadi celebrates Bulls festival "Pola", Navratra mahotsav, Ganapati festival, Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti with the unity and great enthusiasm .Farmers who originally belong to Kalewadi include Nadhe, Kale, Kokane, Tapkir, Nakhate,etc. Nadhe constitute majorityof the farmer community.Was represented in PCMC by efficient persons like Babasaheb Tapkir,Suresh NadhePatil,Ankush kokane.Village celebrates annual fair of Peer.Nadhepatil family celebrates bagad utsav.
Schools, colleges and Restaurants
- Nirmal Bethany High School,Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi.
- Parvati English Medium School.
- EuroSchool Wakad
- Om Saint High School
- Kalewadi PCMC Primary School
- M.M. Secondary School Kalewadi
- SMT. Laxmibai Tapkir Secondary School
- Alphonsa High School, Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi.
- Nanz Restaurant (South Indian Food)
- Rodger's School
- baby's english high school
- Hanuman mandir Near NadhePatil Resident.
- Durga Mata Mandir
- Radha Krishna
- Ayyapa Mandir
- Jain Mandir
- Dhangarbaba Mandir
- ST. Alphonsa Church, Vijay Nagar, Kalewadi.
- Panch Peer Chowk Main Road of kalewadi