Kalyan Singh Chauhan
He began his political career in 1988 as a member of the Indian National Congress, and served as the sarpanch of Kotharia gram panchayat. Between 1998 and 2000, Chauhan was Khamnor Pradhan. In 2000, he became Up-Zila Pramukh, stepping down in 2005. Chauhan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and faced C. P. Joshi in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly election of 2008, winning by a single vote. Chauhan represented Nathdwara until his death from cancer on 21 February 2018, at GBH American Hospital in Udaipur. His funeral was held the same day. Chauhan died less than a year before the next assembly elections, and, by law, his seat did not need to be filled via by-election.
- "Rajasthan MLA who defeated CP Joshi by 1 vote loses battle to cancer". Times of India. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "BJP Nathdwara MLA dies after prolonged illness". Times of India. 21 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Cancer silences giant killer Kalyan Singh Chouhan at 59". Daily News and Analysis. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Rajasthan BJP MLA Kalyan Singh Chauhan passes away". United News of India. 21 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "BJP Nathdwara MLA Kalyan Singh Chauhan dies after prolonged illness". India Today. 21 February 2018. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- Shrimal, Yuvraj (21 February 2018). "Will Kalyan Singh Chouhan's death thrust another poll on BJP?". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 23 February 2018.