Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||K. S. Prakash Rao|
|Produced by||K. S. Prakash Rao|
Akkineni Nageswara Rao|
|Music by||Pendyala Nageshwara Rao|
|Edited by||A.V.S.Subba Rao|
|Distributed by||Navayuga Pictures|
Kanna Talli (English: Own Mother) is a 1953 Telugu drama film, produced & directed by K. S. Prakash Rao on Prakash Studios banner. Starring Akkineni Nageswara Rao, G. Varalakshmi in the lead roles and music composed by Pendyala Nageshwara Rao. G. Varalakshmi played the title role of the movie as mother. The film is the first debut of Telugu popular singer P. Suseela and actress Rajasulochana into film industry. Kanna Talli was remade as the successful Hindi film Mother India (1957).
Shanta (G. Varalaxmi ) and Chalapathi (R. Nageshwara Rao) have two children, Ramu (ANR) and Shankar (Nambiar). Chalapathi runs away, abandoning the family due to financial problems. Shanta, with the help of Ramu, takes care of the family. Ramu sends his brother to a nearby town for further studies. Ramu sends his dowry money to Shankar for his studies. Shankar spends all the money on fleeting pleasures. Gowri (Vasantha), a village belle, falls in love with him. But Shankar already has a girlfriend. One day when Shanta visits Shankar and that same time he kills his girlfriend and runs away. To protect her son, Shanta takes the blame and goes to jail. She asks Ramu to arrange for Shankar to marry Gowri. Shankar repents for his mistakes and reforms.
- Art: Gooda Gaankaar
- Choreography: Pasumarti
- Dialogues: Sunkara Satyanarayana, Vasireddy, Sri Sri, Arudra
- Lyrics: Sri Sri, Arudra, Acharya Atreya, Tapi Dharma Rao, Sunkara
- Playback: Ghantasala, P. Susheela, A. M. Rajah, Madhavapeddi Satyam, K. Rani, Lalitha, Sarojini
- Music: Pendyala Nageshwara Rao
- Editing: A.V.S.Subba Rao
- Cinematography: Jagirdar
- Screenplay - Producer - Director: K. S. Prakash Rao
- Banner: Prakash Productions
- Release Date: 14 April 1953
|Film score by Pendyala Nageshwara Rao|
|Producer||Pendyala Nageshwara Rao|
Music composed by Pendyala Nageshwara Rao. Music released on Audio Company.
- Telugu songs
|1||Sri Rama Ramanudunu (Burrakatha)||Sri Sri, Arudra||Ghantasala||5:38|
|2||Swatantra Bhanudu||Sunkara Satyanarayana,Vasireddy||Sarojini||3:22|
|3||Saaramuleni Samsaram||Sri Sri,Arudra||Madhavapeddi Satyam||2:09|
|4||Choostarenduku Raarandi||Tapi Dharma Rao||Ghantasala||3:37|
|5||Yenduku Pilichevu||Sri Sri,Arudra||A. M. Rajah, P.Susheela||2:57|
|6||Enta Manchidanavoyamma||Sri Sri,Arudra||Ghantasala||3:09|
|7||Choochava Choochava||Acharya Atreya||Udutha Sarojini||3:01|
|8||Nuvvu Kaavali||Tapi Dharma Rao||Ghantasala P. Susheela||2:46|
|9||Ede Ede Vilaasam||Sri Sri,Arudra||A. M. Rajah,K. Rani||3:01|
- Tamil Songs
Lyrics were penned by M. S. Subramaniam. Playback singers are N. Lalitha, M. S. Sarojini, Ghantasala, A. M. Rajah, P. Susheela and K. Rani. The song Yaedukku Azhaithai is the first song in Tamil film sung by P. Susheela.
|1||Penmani Nalla Kanmani||N. Lalitha & group|
|2||Swathanthra Aadhavan Udhithaane||Udutha Sarojini|
|3||Vaarungaiyaa Nalla Porulidhu|
|4||Saaram Illaadha Samsaaram Thanile||Ghantasala & group|
|5||Yaedhukku Azhathaai Yaedhukku||A. M. Rajah & P. Susheela||03:26|
|6||Maamayil Pol Aadi||K. Rani|
|8||Nilaavile Oyyaaram||A. M. Rajah & K. Rani||02:54|
|9||Enna Nalla Thaai Neeyamma||Ghantasala|
- Naati 101 Chitralu, S. V. Rama Rao, Kinnera Publications, Hyderabad, 2006, pp: 82-3.
- Film News Anandan (23 October 2004). Sadhanaigal Padaitha Thamizh Thiraipada Varalaru [History of Landmark Tamil Films] (in Tamil). Chennai: Sivakami Publishers. Archived from the original on 19 November 2017.
- G. Neelamegam. Thiraikalanjiyam — Part 1 (in Tamil). Manivasagar Publishers, Chennai 108 (Ph:044 25361039). First edition December 2014. p. 56.