Karen McQuestion is an American fiction writer who has written books for adults, children and teens. Most of her books include elements of humor or fantasy. Her books have sold over a million copies  and translation rights to her books have sold for Germany, Turkey, South Korea, and Poland. McQuestion lives in Hartland, Wisconsin.
McQuestion is an advocate of self-publishing. After selling 30,000 copies of her self-published books, she signed a contract with Amazon's first publishing imprint, AmazonEncore to re-release her novel A Scattered Life. McQuestion was the first author who self-published through Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing platform to secure a movie deal.  McQuestion later acknowledged that the option period for the movie deal had expired, and as of May 6, 2013, no information on a film version of A Scattered Life can be found on IMDB.
Jeff Belle, vice president of Amazon Publishing, stated that they discovered McQuestion's books through the use of Kindle and sales data, as well as through positive reader reviews. As of February, 2014, A Scattered Life has reportedly sold more than 190,000 copies. 
McQuestion's novel, The Long Way Home, was cited as being one of Amazon Publishing's greatest successes, having sold more than 200,000 copies as of November 2013.
Books for adults
- A Scattered Life
- Easily Amused
- The Long Way Home
- Hello Love
Books for teenagers
- Life on Hold
- Edgewood (Book One in the Edgewood Series)
- Wanderlust (Book Two in the Edgewood Series)
- Absolution (Book Three in the Edgewood Series)
- Revelation (Book Four in the Edgewood Series)
Books for children
- Celia and the Fairies
- Secrets of the Magic Ring
- Shapiro, Nina (4 November 2014). "The Perks, Pitfalls, and Paradoxes of Amazon Publishing". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Kindle Bestselling Author, Karen McQuestion on Her Movie Deal". Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- Ward, Kate. "Amazon Kindle's popularity fires up". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- McQuestion, Kare n. "KAREN MCQUESTION: THE SELF-PUBLISHING BESTSELLER ON 'HOW I DID IT'". Kirkus. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- "Amazon Publishing: More Than Bricks-And-Mortar". Retrieved 12 November 2013.