Kaseman Beckman Advanced Strategies
Kaseman Beckman Advanced Strategies (KBAS) is a design and architecture firm founded in 2002 and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Its principals are Julie Beckman and Keith Kaseman. Among the firm's completed projects are large-scale memorials such as the Pentagon Memorial in Arlington, Virginia, and business-sized workspaces such as Studio 34: Yoga | Healing | Arts, a 5,000-square-foot (460 m2) yoga-and-arts studio in Philadelphia.
In 2011, the American Council of Engineering Companies awarded the firm their National Honor Award. That year, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America awarded KBAS a Philament Award, and McGraw-Hill Construction selected them for Project of the Year in park/side/landscaping. That same year, the Design-Build Institute of America awarded KBAS their Design-Build Excellence Award.
In 2012, the American Institute of Architects awarded KBAS a National Medal of Service (a gold medallion) at their Architects of Healing ceremony, which honored architects involved in 9/11 memorials and rebuilding efforts.
- Miroff, Nick (2008-09-11). "Creating a Place Like No Other". The Washington Post. The Washington Post Company. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Past Events at Studio 34: Yoga Healing Arts in West Philadelphia". Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- 2006 Young Architects Forum
- "UT taps UPenn lecturer, architect as director of student services". The News Sentinel. 10 January 2014.
- The Architects of Healing