||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Notable works||Regarding the Fountain (1998 debut novel); 43 Old Cemetery Road series (from 2009)|
Catherine "Kate" Klise (born April 13 in 1963) is an American writer known for children's fiction. Many of her books are illustrated by her sister, M. Sarah Klise. Their popular Regarding series is presented in a scrapbook format, with letters, journal entries, and related ephemera telling the story. She is also known for her picture books as well as the bestselling 43 Old Cemetery Road series. Klise's first adult novel, In the Bag, was released in 2012. She is a contributor to The Huffington Post.
Life and Career
Klise was the fourth of six children born to educational film producer Thomas and Marjorie Klise. Raised in Peoria, Illinois, she attended Marquette University and spent fifteen years working as a correspondent for People magazine. She lives near Norwood, Missouri (from no later than 2007 apparently) – on "a 40-acre farm in the Missouri Ozarks", she says in 2016. Her Huffington Post blog is subtitled "Writer and hiker".
- "Home: just the facts". Kate Klise. kateklise.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- "Kate Klise: Writer and Hiker". Retrieved 2016-04-29. Top page for, and perhaps the title of, Klise's Huffington Post blog.
- Roth, Andrea (August 2007). "Partners in Rhyme". The Peoria Woman. Central Illinois Business Publishers. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- Patrick Rogers (May 24, 1999). "Cast Away". www.people.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
Features Betty Martin; credits correspondent Klise in Carville, Louisiana.
- Richard Jerome (October 11, 2004). "League of His Own". www.people.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
Features Albert Pujols; credits correspondent Klise in Creve Coeur, Missouri(?).
- "Kate Klise Biography". Scholastic, Inc. Retrieved 2007-11-04.[dead link]
- "Interview with Kate & M. Sarah Klise, creators of Imagine Harry". Harcourt, Inc. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- – from Something About the Author (Gale, 2006), both updated 2007 evidently
- 43 Old Cemetery Road series listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Kate Klise at Library of Congress Authorities, with 32 catalog records
- M. Sarah Klise at LC Authorities, with 26 records, and at WorldCat
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|