|Member of the Missouri House of Representatives
from the 104th district
|Preceded by||Joe Smith|
February 8, 1955 |
|Residence||St. Charles, Missouri|
|Alma mater||Western Illinois University|
|Profession||Civil and criminal investigator|
Kathie Conway is a Republican member of the Missouri House of Representatives. Conway represents the 14th District which encompasses portions of St. Charles County, Missouri. She was first elected to the Missouri House in November 2010.
Early life, education and career
Conway was born in Jerseyville, Illinois and graduated from Alton Senior High School in 1973. Following graduation she attended Western Illinois University in Macomb, earning a bachelor's degree Law Enforcement Administration in 1977. Prior to entering politics Conway was a civil and criminal investigator in the St. Louis and eastern Missouri areas. She and husband Patrick are the parents of one son.
Conway was a newcomer to elected politics when she decided to run for the 14th District Missouri House seat in 2010. Republican incumbent Joe Smith was term-limited from serving again. Conway ran unopposed in the August primary, then defeated Democrat Kyle Meadows in the November general election.
Representative Conway serves on the following committees:
- Appropriations - Public Safety and Corrections, Chairman
- Select Budget Committee
- Fiscal Review
- Crime Prevention and Public Safety
- Joint Committee on Government Oversight - Vice Chair
- "House Member biography". Missouri House of Representatives website. 2010-12-12. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Candidate questions". St. Louis Post-Dispatch via website. 2010-10-23. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "Our campaigns - Conway". Our Campaigns.com, media news outlet. 2010. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "Republicans Sweep St. Charles". St. Louis Post-Dispatch via website. 2010-11-05. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "Election Night reporting". Missouri Secretary of State via website. 2010-11-30. Retrieved 2012-01-11.