Katherine Nicole Rees
August 11, 1984
St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title||Miss Nevada USA 2007 (Dethroned)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Nevada USA 2007|
Katherine Nicole "Katie" Rees (born August 11, 1984) is an American former beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Nevada USA 2007. She was to compete in the Miss USA 2007 pageant, but was dethroned in December 2006 following the release of sexually charged pictures of her taken at a Florida nightclub three years prior.
Miss Nevada USA
Rees won the title of Miss Nevada USA 2007 on her first try in a state pageant held in Las Vegas on October 8, 2006. She was crowned by outgoing titleholder Lauren Scyphers. Her "sister" titleholder, Miss Nevada Teen USA 2007, was Danielle Hashimoto.
On December 20, 2006, allegations of Rees exhibiting lewd behaviour in a Florida nightclub, three years prior while away at college, were made, and several photographs of Rees, kissing other women, and simulating sexual acts were released to the media. This followed a scandal involving Miss USA 2006 Tara Conner, in which news reports claimed Conner had been drinking underage, using illegal substances and photos of her kissing Miss Teen USA; Conner was sent to rehab and allowed to retain her title.
On December 21, 2006, Rees was stripped of her crown by the Miss Universe Organization with the approval of pageant co-owner Donald Trump. She was succeeded by pageant first runner-up Helen Salas, who represented Nevada in the Miss USA 2007 pageant in March placing in the final five.
Life after Miss Nevada USA
On February 6, 2008, Rees was arrested for resisting arrest after allegedly assaulting a police officer after a traffic stop at 3:00 a.m. in Las Vegas.
On September 20, 2009, Rees featured on the Australian television show, Border Security: Australia's Front Line. During the programme, she was shown being questioned by Customs Officers at Sydney airport after swabs of her bag and laptop gave positive readings for cocaine and/or methamphetamine. No drugs were found and the officers were able to verify the story with the friend. She was later cleared to enter the country. In describing the event, the Customs officer stated that they, "went and spoke to [Rees'] travelling companion. Their stories were similar, but not textbook rehearsed, so what she was saying added up. Even though - to me - it seemed bizarre, the world's a funny place. People do unusual things and that doesn't always mean they're drug couriers, but it was certainly something that had to be investigated thoroughly. And we did and she's gone now, on her way". Speaking to the camera crew outside in the arrivals hall, Rees said "I think I almost just peed my pants, to be honest with you. I'm shocked! I'm from Las Vegas, so you never know what the heck's going to be around out there! And thank Gosh I don't have anything on me because I don't do any sort of illegal activity - but Las Vegas apparently does".
On September 22, 2014, Rees was caught selling methamphetamines and a month later she was found with 5.3 grams of methamphetamines in her possession.
On June 8, 2015, a warrant was issued for her arrest. Rees is charged with four felonies. They include trafficking in a controlled substance, sale of a controlled substance, and two counts of conspiracy to violate the uniform controlled substances act. The criminal complaint filed stated that she conspired with "unknown co-conspirators."
Rees was arrested again Tuesday (Sept. 1, 2015) after her boyfriend of 10-months, Kevin “DJ Kulprit” Sims, was pulled over by Las Vegas Police for allegedly speeding and failing to signal when changing lanes. Rees was charged with five drug counts, including felony possession of methamphetamine. Officers found rolling papers, two smoking pipes and a canister containing what police believed to be marijuana in a bag that she said was hers. They also found Xanax and Oxycontin as well as a substance that tested positive for meth.
- Kennedy, John (2006-12-20). "Miss USA rocked by sexy new scandal: Pageant contestant Katie Rees shows off her wild side". Canada.com. CanWest Global Communications. Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- "Racy pics cost Miss Nevada USA her crown". CNN. Associated Press. 2006-12-21. Archived from the original on January 14, 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- "Miss Nevada". TMZ.com. 2007-01-27. Archived from the original on January 26, 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- "Dr. Phil.com - Shows - Caught in the Act". 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- "Series 7, Episode 2". Border Security. Season 7. Episode 2. September 20, 2009.
- Kaitlan CollinsEntertainment Editor (2015-07-09). "Katherine Rees Miss Nevada Arrested Meth Possession Trafficking". The Daily Caller. Retrieved 2015-10-15.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Ferraralas, David (2015-07-08). "Former Nevada beauty queen faces meth charges | Las Vegas Review-Journal". Reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Katie Rees, Ex-Miss Nevada, Still Hasn't Tamed Naughty Girl Streak (photos!)". Theimproper.com. 2015-09-04. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Former Nevada beauty queen arrested again on meth counts - Las Vegas Sun News". Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Nevada USA