Kayvan Najarian is an Iranian-American scientist, who is a Professor in the Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He is also currently the director of the M-CIRCC's (Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care) Data Sciences program. Additionally, he is the director of the Biomedical and Clinical Informatics Lab University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Dr. Najarian has over 200 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers, as well as several US and international patents., and Associate Director of Virginia Commonwealth University Rehabilitation Engineering Shock (VCURES) center. He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, is a reviewer, referee or member of dozens more committees, journals and councils. He received his B.SC. in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, his M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering from Amirkabir University of Technology, and his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of British Columbia.
- K. Najarian and R. Splinter, Biomedical Signal and Image Processing, The CRC Press, ISBN 978-0-8493-2099-6, 2005.
- K. Najarian, C. Eichelberger, S. Najairian, and S. Gharibnia, Systems Biology and Bioinformatics: A Computational Approach, The CRC Press, ISBN 978-1-4200-4650-2, 2009.
- "Dept of Emergency Medicine". Vcu.edu. Retrieved 2010-04-22.
- "VCURES - Virginia Commonwealth University". Vcu.edu. Archived from the original on 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2010-04-22.
- "CRC Press Online - Book: Biomedical Signal and Image Processing". Crcpress.com. Retrieved 2010-04-22.
- "CRC Press Online - Book: Systems Biology and Bioinformatics:". Crcpress.com. Retrieved 2010-04-22.