Keith Alldritt is a contemporary British novelist, biographer and critic. He was educated at Wolverhampton Grammar School and St Catharine's College, Cambridge. He lives and works in the West Midlands, the setting for his novels. For some years he was a Professor of English and American Studies at the University of Illinois and then at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He has written extensively for radio, television and film and has contributed articles on modern and contemporary art to various magazines and newspapers in Britain, Canada and the United States.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
His novel The Good Pit Man was a New Fiction Society choice. For his biography David Jones-Writer and Artist he was elected to membership of the Welsh Academi.
- An Englishman and a Democrat: The Life of Ralph Vaughan Williams (Robert Hale 2015)
- David Jones:Writer and Artist (2003) ISBN 1-84119-379-8
- The Poet as Spy: The Life and Wild Times of Basil Bunting (1998) ISBN 1-85410-477-2
- W.B.Yeats:The Man and the Milieu (1997) ISBN 0-7195-5354-7
- The Greatest of Friends: Franklin D.Roosvelt and Winston Churchill, 1941-1945 (1995) ISBN 0-7090-5266-9
- Churchill the Writer: His Life as a Man of Letters (1992) ISBN 0-09-177085-8
- Modernism in the Second World War: The Later Poetry of Ezra Pound, T.S.Eliot, Basil Bunting and Hugh MacDiarmid (1989) ISBN 0-8204-0865-4
- Eliot's Four Quartets: Poetry as Chamber Music ISBN 0-7130-0161-5
- Elgar on the Journey to Hanley (1979) ISBN 0-233-97064-9
- The Lover Next Door (1977) ISBN 0-233-96880-6
- The Good Pit Man: A Novel (1976) LCCCN 765367
- The Visual Imagination of D.H. Lawrence (1971) ISBN 0-7131-5582-5
- The Making of George Orwell: An Essay in Literary History (1969) ISBN 0-7131-5456-X
- Voorhees, R.J. Justice to George Orwell in Collected Essays: Journalism and Letters of George Orwell. Eds. Sonia Orwell and Ian Angus. Purdue University 1970
- Workman, Gillian. Orwell Criticism 1972
- Muller, James W. in Finest Hour: Journal of the International Churchill Society No.77 1992
- Cooper, John Xeros. T.S. Eliot and the Ideology of Four Quartets Cambridge University Press 1995
- Rae, Patricia. Mr Charrington's Junk Shop: T.S. Eliot and Modernist poetics in 'Nineteen Eighty Four' Twentieth Century Literature 22 June 1997
- Kleinzahler, August. Blackfell's Scarlatti London Review of Books. Vol 21. No.2 21 June 1999, pages 30–31.
- Bryer, Jackson R. Sixteen Modern American Authors: A Survey of Research and Criticism since 1972 Durham:duke University Press. p. 194. ISBN 0-8223-1018-X
- Malcolm, Noel. Poet of the Ever-Present Past. The Telegraph 11 May 2003
- Morley, Christopher. Elgar and Wolverhampton Wanderers - an unlikely match Birmingham Post Life and Leisure(Sport) 2 September 2010
- Cambridge Pre-U Syllabus. Recommended Reading Post 1960 Poetry.
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|