|Full name||Kenneth Allison|
|Date of birth||6 January 1937|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Playing position||Inside forward|
|19??–1958||West Calder United|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Kenneth Allison (born 6 January 1937), known as Ken or Kenny Allison, is a Scottish former footballer who played in the Scottish Football League for Hibernian, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath, in the English Football League for Darlington and Lincoln City, and in the American Soccer League for the Rochester Lancers and Syracuse Scorpions. He played as an inside forward or, in the latter part of his career, in midfield.
Life and career
Allison was born in Edinburgh. He joined Hibernian from Junior club West Calder United in January 1958. He scored on his Scottish League debut that October, in a 2–1 win at home to Clyde, and produced three more goals in his and Hibernian's next four matches, but made no more appearances for them. At the end of the season, he moved down a division and signed for Dumbarton, scoring four goals in fourteen league games before moving on again in January 1960, this time to fellow Second Division club Cowdenbeath.
He moved to England in 1963 to sign for Fourth Division club Darlington, for whom he scored a goal every two games. In February 1966, Allison joined Lincoln City in part-exchange for Barry Hutchinson, in a deal estimated by the Guardian at about £5,000, as Darlington reinforced an already strong squad to ensure their first promotion for more than 40 years. Allison scored seven goals in his twelve appearances in what remained of the 1965–66 season, but was less productive the following year, and left Lincoln to play in the American Soccer League for the Rochester Lancers in 1967. He remained with the Lancers until 1970, when he joined the Syracuse Scorpions as part of the deal in which top scorer Jim Lefkos moved to Rochester.
- "Ken Allison". The Lincoln City FC Archive. Lincoln City F.C. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Ken Allison". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Ken Allison". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Scorpions to open campaign". Syracuse Post-Standard. 30 May 1970. p. 13.
- "Allison, Kenny". Hibs Programmes. Dave Beattie. Archived from the original on 31 July 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Player Stats: A". Fitbastats: Hibernian. Bobby Sinnet & Thomas Jamieson. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Transfers: 1959" (DOC). Scottish Football Historical Archive. Brian McColl. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- McAllister, Jim (2002). The Sons of the Rock – The Official History of Dumbarton Football Club. Dumbarton: J&J Robertson Printers.
- "Transfers: 1960" (DOC). Scottish Football Historical Archive. Brian McColl. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Darlington buy again". The Guardian. 12 February 1966. p. 10.
- "Class of '66 Reunited at Fortress Feethams". The Northern Echo. 18 January 2003. Retrieved 24 April 2013.