This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ken J. Mascara|
|Sheriff of St. Lucie County, Florida|
January 3, 2001 – Present
|Preceded by||Robert C. "Bobby" Knowles|
July 8, 1958 |
Ken J. Mascara (born July 8, 1958) is the Sheriff of St. Lucie County, Florida, United States, and is the elected top official of the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, one of the largest law enforcement agencies on the Treasure Coast of Florida. Ken J. Mascara is the nephew of former congressman Frank R. Mascara, a Democratic politician from Pennsylvania who served four terms in the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 2003. Ken Mascara is also a Democrat. First elected in 2000, Mascara is serving his third term as sheriff. By a large margin in 2008, he won re-election against his Republican opponent, Robert Grande, to keep his post as sheriff.
Ken J. Mascara was born on July 8, 1958, in Hollywood, Florida. His educational background includes an Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degree at Indian River State College; Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Life University. He is a graduate of the Executive Development Seminar at the FBI Academy and a graduate of the National Executive Institute at the FBI Academy.
Ken J. Mascara has received a number of awards for his service to his community and profession. He was the 1988 Citizen of the Year. He was the Law Enforcement Officer of the Year in 2002 and 2004, and received the 2002 Distinguished Citizen Award, Boy Scouts of America Gulf Stream Council.
- Duret, Daphne (2008-09-24). "St. Lucie sheriff up against challenger similar to himself". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
In the race for St. Lucie County's top law enforcement officer, incumbent Ken Mascara faces a challenger much like himself when he first ran for the post - a one-time cop now working in the private sector.
- "St. Lucie Republicans pick Grande to face Mascara for sheriff". The Palm Beach Post. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
Mascara, a Democrat, is seeking his third term in office.
- Duret, Daphne (2008-11-04). "Mascara heading to another term as St. Lucie sheriff". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- Howk, Alexi (2008-11-05). "Mascara wins re-election as St. Lucie sheriff". Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- Meisel, Jay (2008-11-14). "Democrats dominate in St. Lucie County elections". Hometown News. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara, a Democrat, won re-election handily.
- "Sheriff Ken J. Mascara". St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "Ken J. Mascara". The Florida Corrections Accreditation Commission. Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 14 November 2008.