Ken Warwick is a British television executive producer and director, most noted for producing the reality television series American Idol, and Pop Idol. Before being a producer he was a dancer/choreographer, previously being a member of BBC'sThe Young Generation. Warwick has received numerous awards for his television programs including Two Emmy's a BAFTA, the Golden Rose of Montreux, a National Television Award, and has been nominated for eight Emmys. Ken lives in Beverly Hills and London, and has three children, Joe, Gracie and Max, and a wife Julie. Ken has also directed and produced the popular TV show Gladiators which appeared on British primetime TV. He most recently produced the NBC show America's Got Talent.
In 2004 Ken purchased a vineyard on the Californian central coast. Producing Villa San Juliette fine wines and being considered one of the most aesthetically beautiful vineyards in the area, VSJ now produces approximately 25,000 cases per year.
In June 2014, Warwick acted as the executive producer for the American version of Rising Star
- "American Idol Producer Gets Multimillion Dollar New Deal - Paula Abdul Still Waiting". Radar Online. 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
Ken Warwick who has been American Idol's executive producer and showrunner since the show began in 2000 has signed a new three-year deal to stay on the job.
- Meister, Erin (2003-12-23). "Searching the World for an 'Idol'". Boston Globe. p. 4. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
Executive producer Ken Warwick, who's been with the franchise since its beginnings as England's "Pop Idol," said he expects the phenomenon to get even bigger as it expands across the globe.
- "American Idol : Bios". FOX Flash. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
He was series producer for the U.K. show “Pop Idol,” which received the Golden Rose for Montreux (the Rose d’Or), a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Award and National Television Award for Best Entertainment Program. He has earned eight Emmy nominations for his work on AMERICAN IDOL.
- Gilbert, Gerard (1997-07-19). "Television preview". The Independent. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
The organisers of The Royal Tournament, surveying its stagnated tea-time slot, obviously didn't, and have drafted in Gladiators producer Ken Warwick to sex it up for prime-time ITV.
- Ryan, Maureen (2006-03-28). "Got talent? Cowell's new show sets tryouts". Chicago Tribune. p. 13. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
In a Monday conference call with reporters, [Simon Cowell] and fellow executive producer Ken Warwick of "American Idol" promised that "America's Got Talent" would be different from "Idol."