Kenneth E. Brailsford
Kenneth E. Brailsford
|Occupation||Founder & CEO of Zija International|
|Spouse(s)||Linda Hughes Brailsford|
Kenneth E. Brailsford is an American entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist. He is known as a pioneer in the nutritional supplement and network marketing industry and considered the “Father of Herbal Encapsulation”.
Brailsford was the first to commercially introduce herbs in capsule form when he co-founded Nature's Sunshine in 1972. He later went on to found two more network marketing companies—Enrich International in 1985 and Zija International in 2006, both of which are still in operation.
Early life and education
Brailsford was born in 1944 in Niagara Falls, New York, to Robert Earl and Freeda Webster Brailsford. He served in the US Army for two years after graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in economics in 1969.
Brailsford co-founded Nature's Sunshine in 1972 and served as President of the company from 1972-1979. After leaving Nature's Sunshine, he went to work as a stockbroker for a short time, but then reemerged in the herbal industry once his non-compete agreement with Nature's Sunshine had expired. Brailsford then went on to help launch Nature's Labs Inc., later renamed Enrich International. He worked there from 1985-1997 and retired in 1997.
In 2004, his interest in pharmacology led him to the Moringa oleifera plant—a superfood prized for its high levels of vitamins, minerals, vital proteins, antioxidants and omega oils. In 2006, he founded Zija International to bring the benefits of Moringa to market. Brailsford has over 35 years in the Direct Sales industry.
Ken married his college sweetheart, Linda Hughes Brailsford, and they are the parents of six children, twenty-four grandchildren, and seven great grandchildren. He and his wife currently live in Park City, Utah.
Brailsford is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Among other assignments, Brailsford has served as a bishop, stake clerk, counselor in a stake presidency, and from 2005 to 2008 as president of the church's Columbus South Carolina mission.
- Allred, Cathy (Aug 21, 2013). "KEB wins Lehi Roller Mills bid, court approves sale". Daily Herald. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Entrepreneurship Lecture Series". Entrepreneurship Institute. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Industry Veteran Ken Brailsford, Founder of Zija, Pens Autobiography". Direct Selling News. November 12, 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Enrich International, Inc. History". Funding Universe. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Zija International Acquires XANGO". Direct Selling News. May 10, 2017. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Mission Presidents". LDS Church News Archive. January 12, 2002. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Nuyten, Ted. "Ken Brailsford – Founder Zija International Interview". Business For Home. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Zija Founder Kenneth Brailsford Receives Outstanding Alumni Award". Direct Selling News. September 29, 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "About KEB Enterprises". KEB Enterprises. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Orem Man Receives Entrepreneur Award". Deseret News. July 26, 1994. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Dunkley, Nicole. "Zija, CEO, Rodney Larsen Zija International Awarded As Utah's #1 Growing Company". Business For Home. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Dunkley, Nicole. "Network Marketing Icon Ken Brailsford Pens Autobiography". Business For Home. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "New Mission Presidents". LDS Church News. March 26, 2005. Retrieved 25 August 2017.