Kenneth S. Warren Institute
It had been based in Tarrytown, New York, and in 2001, the institute bought a 15-acre (61,000 m2) campus located in Westchester County, New York from the Kitchawan Institute. At that time its director and lead researcher was Anthony Cerami, and it was a medical research institute that had been doing research related to erythropoietin derivatives they called "tissue protective cytokines". They also said that they coordinated with researchers who were working on vaccines for neglected tropical diseases. Cerami has been president and trustee of an organization called the "Kenneth S. Warren Laboratories, Inc." as of March 1998.
The Kitchawan facility was for sale as of 2014.
In 2001, Warren Pharmaceuticals was formed to commercialize inventions made at the institute, starting with the cytokines, with funding from Lundbeck and a Danish bank; Cerami was chairman of the board. In 2001, the company licensed the cytokines to Lundbeck in the field of central and peripheral nervous system disorders. The development program was terminated in 2007.The current address for Warren Pharmaceuticals is 520 White Plains Road, Suite 500, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- "Profile:The Kenneth S Warren Institute Inc". GuideStar. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Profile:The Kenneth S Warren Institute Inc". npoindex.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Worth, Robert (8 April 2001). "Kitchawan Institute to Sell Center to a Research Group". The New York Times.
- "Warren Pharmaceuticals". Startup Magazine (October 2004): 39–41.
- "Press release: Lundbeck Announces License Agreement And Equity Investment In Warren Pharmaceuticals | Evaluate". Lundbeck and Warren Pharmaceuticals via Evaluate. February 18, 2002.
- Vittachi, Imran (6 April 2001). "Yorktown". The Journal News [White Plains, N.Y]. p. B.4.
- "Alteon 10-K For the fiscal year ended December 31, 1997". Alteon via SEC Edgar. March 31, 1998.
- "712 Kitchawan Road, Ossining, NY 10562 - LoopNet Property Records". LoopNet. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Warren Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Founding Members Of the Board of Directors and Management". Warren Pharmaceuticals, Inc. via PR Newswire. August 1, 2002.
Chairman of the Board, Anthony Cerami, PhD, is Director of The Kenneth S. Warren Institute. ... Warren Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotechnology company incorporated in 2001 to develop and commercialize certain patented tissue-protective technologies, focusing on the therapeutic areas of the eye and the cardiovasculature
- "Warren Pharmaceuticals: Our Company". Clark and Partners. Archived from the original on April 2, 2016.
- "Research programme: tissue protection technology - Lundbeck/Warren Pharmaceuticals -". AdisInsight. Retrieved 26 July 2017.