Kenny Dalglish Soccer Match
|Kenny Dalglish Soccer Match|
European cover art
|Composer(s)||Christopher J. Denman|
Kenny Dalglish Soccer Match is a computer game based on soccer legend Kenny Dalglish - who played and managed for Liverpool F.C., Celtic F.C., and Scotland's national soccer team. Dalglish would also become famous for winning the FA Cup while playing and managing for the same team.
The skill level is divided into nine levels so that rookies can play against video game veterans. Passing the ball is similar to the Kick Off series except that it's only possible to make long passes; making quick passing purely a matter of luck. The soccer ball bounces excessively; making it very difficult to shoot on target for less than 30 yards (⅓ of an American football field).
Matches can last anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes; there are no leagues or tournaments to play against other teams. There are digitized photos of Dalglish himself; inspiring players to achieve goals and to have "good results." Oddly enough, the player must type in the name (city, county, official nickname, etc.) of his team as well as the opponent's. This means that players can have their local weekly soccer club play against Manchester United or Chelsea F.C. with no difference in gameplay. Kenny Dalglish always gives the player valuable advice; expert players can choose to ignore it.
- "Basic game overview". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Designer/# of players information". Atari Mania. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Composer information". Hall of Light (HOL): The Database of Amiga Games. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "Advanced game overview". CPC Game Reviews. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Advanced game overview". Lemon Amiga. Retrieved 2011-03-27.