Hilliard (center) with LSU in 2011
|No. 30 – Washington Redskins|
October 31, 1991 |
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||231 lb (105 kg)|
|High school:||Patterson (LA)|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 7 / Pick: 235|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Kenny Hilliard (born October 31, 1991) is an American football running back for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Louisiana State University for the LSU Tigers football team. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Hilliard was regarded as one of the best running backs of the class of 2011, and was featured in Sports Illustrated "Where will they be?" series. He is the nephew of former NFL running back Dalton Hilliard. He set the LHSAA state rushing record in his senior season.
Hilliard made his debut for the Tigers in their first game against the Oregon Ducks on September 3, 2011. He scored his first touchdown in a game versus the Auburn Tigers. He went on to score 8 more touchdowns on the year in games against the Auburn Tigers (2), Western Kentucky (2), Ole Miss (1), Arkansas (1), and Georgia (3). By far his best performance his freshman year came in the Arkansas game where he rushed for 102 yards on 19 carries and scored 1 touchdown. He was named SEC Freshman of the Week for his performance. Another notable performance came in the SEC Championship Game against the Georgia Bulldogs where he picked up 72 rushing yards on 8 carries scoring two touchdowns. He also had 1 reception for 8 yards and a touchdown. All three of his touchdowns came in the third quarter of the contest tying the record for most touchdowns in an SEC Championship game. In his freshman season he had 324 rushing yards on 57 carries with 8 touchdowns and 3 receptions for 13 yards and 1 touchdown. He was named to the SEC All-Freshman team for his efforts.
Hilliard was selected by the Texans in the seventh round, 235th overall, in the 2015 NFL Draft. He was released by the Texans on September 5, 2015 and was signed to the practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Texans on January 11, 2016.
On September 3, 2016, Hilliard was released by the Texans. He was re-signed to the practice squad on November 15, 2016. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Texans on January 16, 2017.
On May 16, 2017, Hilliard was waived by the Texans.
On July 31, 2017, Hilliard signed with the Washington Redskins. He was waived on September 2, 2017. He was re-signed to their active roster on December 23, 2017. He was waived by the Redskins on December 27, 2017 and re-signed to the practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Redskins on January 1, 2018.
- Kleinpeter, Jim (December 19, 2009). "LSU football gets commitment from Patterson's Kenny Hilliard". The Times Picayune.
- "Kenny Hilliard, 17 - Running Back (Patterson, La.)". SI.com: Where Will They Be?.
- Astleford, Andrew (December 9, 2010). "Patterson RB Kenny Hilliard a challenge to bring down". The Times Picayune.
- "The Texans 53-man roster is set". HoustonTexans.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Texans sign 10 to practice squad". HoustonTexans.com. September 7, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Texans sign nine to reserve/future contracts". HoustonTexans.com. January 11, 2016. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans down to 53-man roster". HoustonTexans.com.
- "Texans Sign RB Kenny Hilliard To Practice Squad". November 15, 2016.
- "Texans sign eight players to reserve/future contracts". HoustonTexans.com. January 16, 2017.
- "Texans sign T Giacomini, three college free agents". HoustonTexans.com. May 14, 2017.
- Czarda, Stephen (July 31, 2017). "Redskins Sign Running Back Kenny Hilliard". Redskins.com.
- "9/2: Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com. September 2, 2017.
- "Redskins Place LeShun Daniels On Injured Reserve, Sign Kenny Hilliard". Redskins.com. December 23, 2017.
- Czarda, Stephen (December 27, 2017). "Redskins Sign Manasseh Garner To The Active Roster". Redskins.com.
- "Redskins Sign 11 Players To Reserve/Future Contracts". Redskins.com. January 1, 2018.