Natt in 2006 as an assistant coach for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
|New Orleans Pelicans|
|Born||October 5, 1958|
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Bastrop (Bastrop, Louisiana)|
|NBA draft||1980 / Round: 2 / Pick: 30th overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|Number||3, 18, 2|
|1983–1984||Las Vegas/Albuquerque Silvers|
|1984||Kansas City Kings|
|1994–1995||Youngstown State (assistant)|
|1996–2004||Utah Jazz (assistant)|
|2004–2007||Cleveland Cavaliers (assistant)|
|2007–2008||Sacramento Kings (assistant)|
|2008–2009||Sacramento Kings (interim)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Kenneth Wayne Natt (born October 5, 1958) is a former American professional basketball player and ex-interim head coach for the National Basketball Association's Sacramento Kings. He was a 6'3" 185 lb (84 kg) guard and played collegiately at Northeast Louisiana University (now the University of Louisiana-Monroe) and had a three-year NBA playing career. After serving as an assistant with the Cleveland Cavaliers from 2004 to 2007, Natt was named to the coaching staff of newly appointed Kings head coach and former Kansas City Kings teammate Reggie Theus in 2007. He was subsequently named interim head coach on the firing of Theus, but he himself was fired on April 24, 2009, after the Kings finished with an NBA season-low 17 wins.
Professional playing career
Natt began his coaching career in 1994 as an assistant coach at Youngstown State University. Natt then worked as a scout for the Utah Jazz for one season under Jerry Sloan before being an assistant on Sloan's staff from 1996 to 2004. After that, Natt joined the Cleveland Cavaliers' coaching staff in 2004. He has also coached in the CBA and the Canadian NBL with the Cape Breton Breakers, and worked as an assistant coach at Youngstown State University and as a player scout for the Jazz and for the WBL. In 2011, he became the head coach of the India national basketball team. Since 2012, Natt has been director of basketball at the IMG Academy.
Head coaching record
|Regular season||G||Games coached||W||Games won||L||Games lost||W–L %||Win–loss %|
|Playoffs||PG||Playoff games||PW||Playoff wins||PL||Playoff losses||PW–L %||Playoff win–loss %|
|Sacramento||2008–09||58||11||47||.190||5th in Pacific||—||—||—||—||—|
- Theus becomes 6th NBA coach fired this season, updated December 15, 2008
- NBA.com Kenny Natt coach profile
- Kings hire Kenny Natt as assistant coach, updated July 7, 2007
- Kings fire interim coach Natt, four assistant coaches Archived 2009-04-26 at the Wayback Machine, updated April 24, 2009
- "Pacers Media Guide: NBA Years 1976-Present" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-05-08. (653 KiB); retrieved April 13, 2007
- An exciting time for Natt[permanent dead link] By MARQ MITCHAM June 5, 2007
- "Kenny Natt". NBA. 2007. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- I'm here to create a superstar, says India's NBA coach Kenny Natt