Kenyon-Wanamingo High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kenyon-Wanamingo High School|
400 6th Street
|School district||Kenyon-Wanamingo Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||16.4 (FTE) (as of 2005-06)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.5 (as of 2005-06)|
|School color(s)||Black, Red, and Silver |
|Song||Minnesota State Rouser |
|Athletics||MSHSL 1A |
|Athletics conference||Hiawatha Valley League|
|Fine Arts||Symphonic band, Chorale, Varsity choir, KW pep band, jazz band, theater, speech.|
Kenyon-Wanamingo fields teams in baseball, basketball, cheerleading, (activity) cross country, dance team, football, golf, softball, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
HS band, Pep band, jazz band, summer marching band (volunteer) chorale, varsity choir, theater
The Kenyon Wanamingo High school band has scored superior ratings at state contest (2015, 2014, 2013, 2016, 2017) and has 100% participation in the solo ensemble contest. In 2015, KWHS band was selected as a semi finalist for the prestigious Grammy signature school award.
The music department tours every other year to destinations throughout the United States. Known for innovative programming and service oriented music themes, Kenyon Wanamingo music students engage in benevolent activities benefitting the community and beyond. In 2018, the KWHS Music department travelled to Norway.
Past Concert themes include: Celebrate Earth, Minnesota Moments, To the Limit, Through the Storm, Light and Darkness, and Innovate, and Water.
- Maj. Ben Danielson - US Air Force F-4C Phantom II pilot shot down on a combat mission over Laos on December 5, 1969.
- Marty Haugen - An American composer of liturgical music. He creates settings for both Roman Catholic and Protestant congregations. Was named Pastoral Musician of the Year in 2007.
- Guye Senjem - Minor league baseball player for the Gary Railcats.
- Mark Strandemo (1973) - Head baseball coach for Augsburg College in 1995. Assistant coach for 14 years. Played minor league baseball for the Minnesota Twins organization.
- Steve Sviggum - Speaker of the Minnesota House of Representatives.
- Jeff Broin is the founder of U.S.-based POET, LLC, a producer of ethanol and other biorefined products. He currently serves as Chairman and CEO.
|This Minnesota school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|