Miller in March 2016
November 15, 1987 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team||Boston Bruins|
Miller was born in Santa Clarita, California, and attended Canyon High School until age 16, when he transferred to Berkshire School in Sheffield, Massachusetts, and then played college hockey in Hockey East NCAA Division 1 for the University of Vermont Catamounts. While with the Catamounts, Miller played 144 games, scoring five goals and 25 assists for 30 points, also serving as the captain of the team for the 2009–10 and 2010–11 seasons.
In September 2011, Miller attended the Boston Bruins' training camp, but was released to the Providence training camp on September 23, 2011. After five games with Providence, Boston signed him to an entry-level contract, opting to keep him with Providence for the 2011–12 season.
Miller attended Boston's training camp again in 2012, but was again later reassigned to Providence on September 14, 2012. He spent the full 2012–13 season with the Providence Bruins, playing 64 games and scoring 16 points and competing in the Calder Cup playoffs for the first time.
Prior to the 2013–14 season, Miller was re-signed by the Boston Bruins to a one-year, two-way contract. However, to start the season, he was once again assigned to Providence, though he was later recalled to the NHL on November 20, 2013 and made his NHL debut in a game against the St. Louis Blues at TD Garden in Boston. Miller was then reassigned to Providence again on November 28, 2013, but was recalled days later, on December 2, on an emergency basis. He scored his first career NHL goal on December 8, 2013, against the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. On January 21, 2014, Boston announced that they had re-signed Miller to a two-year, one-way contract extension.
Miller is the first Bruin to wear the number 86.
|2007–08||University of Vermont||HE||39||2||5||7||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||University of Vermont||HE||39||1||7||8||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||University of Vermont||HE||39||1||10||11||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||University of Vermont||HE||27||1||3||4||29||—||—||—||—||—|
- UVM's Miller joins Providence Bruins | March 17, 2011
- B's Release 14 from Training Camp | September 23, 2011
- Bruins Week Ahead | October 21, 2011
- Bruins Announce Roster Transactions | September 14, 2012
- B's Recall Kevan Miller | November 20, 2013
- B's Kevan Miller solid in NHL debut - ESPN Boston
- B's Week Ahead: 11/28 - 12/6 | November 28, 2013
- "B's Recall Miller on an Emergency Basis". Boston Bruins. 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "B's Sign Kevan Miller to a Two-Year, One-Way Contract". Boston Bruins. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-01-21.